InspEARations Statues

cdtands

They guy on the left is Jim Lovell. One of the Mickeys is a Space Mickey inspired by Tom Hanks and Apollo 13. The guy on the right is not Roy Disney, though he was there on Tuesday and was interviewed. I have a photo of him, but I can't post attachments. This guy may be the artist as a lot of the statue artists were present at the unveiling.

cw

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
Original Poster
Thanks for all the information, links and pictures - the Mickey's are a lot better than I imagined from when I first read the BBC's story. I think its rather an original way to mark Mickey's 75th and its been done very well .... exactly what I would expect from Disney!

sigsegv

Heh... Well, I was always bad at picking out famous people. I heard someone else say it was RED. :lol:

I have some others of people who might be famous from the same set... Who knows. :) Shall I post them?

-sig

Originally posted by cdtands
They guy on the left is Jim Lovell. One of the Mickeys is a Space Mickey inspired by Tom Hanks and Apollo 13. The guy on the right is not Roy Disney, though he was there on Tuesday and was interviewed. I have a photo of him, but I can't post attachments. This guy may be the artist as a lot of the statue artists were present at the unveiling.

cw

Bagheera

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Phew!

Maybe John Hench? Eh... Maybe?

I was thinking Hench originally, but looking closer, I don't think so. It's not Peter and Harrison Ellenshaw, is it? They designed one, too.

Bagheera

I'm not sure about that. On the WDW Media Relations site, there's a photo of Konetzni and his wife taken the same day, and he's wearing a different outfit than in your photo. I haven't found any photos on that site of anyone whose outfit matches your photo, though. That's why I'm guessing it's the Ellenshaw father/son duo. Of course, I could be way off, too. After all, there were 75 artists....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom