Inside the Magic in the 2006 Podcast Awards!

XSTech

Original Poster
Greetings loyal Inside the Magic listeners!

The voting has begun. Inside the Magic (http://www.distantcreations.com/insidethemagic) is nominated in the Best Produced and Entertainment categories of the 2006 Podcast Awards. Voting began this morning at midnight (PST) and will end the night of August 11th.

Please vote once per day until then. That's 15 votes per person!

All you need to do is head to http://www.podcastawards.com and select Inside the Magic for Best Produced and Entertainment. Again, please do this once per day through August 11th.

While you're there, please vote for Mouse Tunes for the Travel category and comedy4cast for the Comedy category!

Thank you to all of you who initially nominated Inside the Magic for the 2006 Podcast Awards. It is up to you to make us a winner!

I apologize if this is not the correct section of this board to post this in. I wasn't sure where to put it.

Scar Junior

Hmm, well im going to have to miss out on this... as i've never heard a podcast and dont know what they are... something to do with iPods is all I know. I am fine with my ignorance, I've never been into the iPod fad. However, once the video technology gets bigger and better I will probably purchase one of then.

The only things I want to know about Podcasts: is it a subscription thing or pay per cast you listen to... do you have the audio forever, or do you have to listen to it live?

schro513

Congrats Ricky, well deserved.

As far as podcasts go, hop on board! No cost (other than having an MP3 player and/or a computer to download to) and there is a lot of great Disney content out there not only on Ricky's show but others as well. You don't have to have an IPod, any MP3 will do!

XSTech

Original Poster
Scar Junior said:
The only things I want to know about Podcasts: is it a subscription thing or pay per cast you listen to... do you have the audio forever, or do you have to listen to it live?

No iPod or money necessary. A podcast is basically an MP3 that you download at your leisure. It's basically a radio show that is available whenever and wherever you want.

Scar Junior

XSTech said:
No iPod or money necessary. A podcast is basically an MP3 that you download at your leisure. It's basically a radio show that is available whenever and wherever you want.

Well sweet. In that case I'll start listening. I'll be sure to vote for you as well!Thanks for all the info.

latoberg

Congratulations

Ricky, you have a great show and deserve the nomination. You bring a lot of quality (even through all of the technical tweaking the show remained high in quality).

I hope all of your fans and soon to be fans will vote. I am on my way.

MissM

Scar Junior said:
You can also use different software to automatically download new updates of your favorite podcats too. It's like "subscribing" to the updates. It's free though, just easier to manage your downloads and keep track of what you have and have not already listened too. Many, many things offer podcasts now from user created ones to things like NPR or even some tv shows.

Here is a list of the clients you can use to manage your podcast subscriptions: http://www.podcastingnews.com/topics/Podcast_Software.html

Hope that helps,
-m

BCNHF

The things about Podcasts though are that 3/4 of them are done by people who've never talked into a microphone before and have no idea how to host a radio show, so you have to be carefull which ones you select to listen to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom