Inside Out 2

TalkingHead

Ugh

Pixar has made 9 sequels.

1 has been excellent
2 have been pretty good
3 have been mediocre
3 have been horrible
Unnecessary and regrettable considering the original was a high water mark for the studio in the last decade. I know Pete Docter is still at Pixar, but it’s a bit of a red flag that he’s not directing, too.

Jedijax719

Excellent: Toy Story 3
Good: Toy Story 2, Finding Dory
Mediocre: Monsters U, Incredibles 2, Cars 3
Trash: Cars 2, Toy Story 4, Lightyear
Okay I agree with MU (even forgot about that) and Cars 2. LY was meh. TS4 was at least good. Incredibles 2 was also at least in the good column.
But opinions-yada yada yada. We all have preferences.

Dear Prudence

I am a minority in this, because I DETESTED Inside Out. The idea that Pixar is wasting resources making a second is disappointing.

At least hopefully there is no BingBong.

Inspired Figment

The fact Pete Docter & Josh Cooley aren’t directing should be sending immediate red flags. Not to mention 2 major cast members apparently not returning. Don’t bother if you’re not gonna do it right. On top of that, there’s also the whole threat of yet ‘another’ film IP Imagination pavilion takeover with Figment reduced to a cameo or secondary character ‘again’ with this in the pipeline. And that doesn’t make me happy.. not ‘one’ bit. Make a proper Inside Out sequel, if anything, put an attraction for that in an updated Wonders of Life: and revert Journey Into Imagination back to it’s former 83-98 glory with the tech & spfx enhancements it ‘should’ve’ received back in late ‘98-99 when they first closed it for rehabs.

CJR

Yeah because there is no way to bring him back.

We actually talked about this. Bing Bong is gone because Riley forgot about him, but what if someone else remembered Bing Bong (or her parents recorded her singing the song and Riley finds the video) and somehow brought that back into Riley's mind? It was an interesting discussion.

Sometimes parents and teachers keep things a long time that plop back into your life years later and you're like "OMG! I remember that!" I remember getting things handed back to me from second grade at my high school graduation, for example. I still have them in a box somewhere to this day.

Not sure it's even necessary for the film, but it was just a discussion we had about the possibility of Bing Bong.

erasure fan1

Huh?
All Toy Story sequels were great.
Finding Dory and Incredibles 2 were great.

Anything with the word "cars" in it is appalling at best.
For me Toy story 2 was great and Dory was good. Toy story 3 was better than 4 but both weren't very good. Incredibles 2 was just a sorry excuse for a sequel to one of the best pixar movies. So disappointing. All in all, Pixars track record with sequels is more below average than above it.

I've seen that Amy an Mindy both turned down the gig because they felt low balled. If true, that's the least shocking thing ever. Lol Modern Disney at it's finest.

NateD1226

Yeah, former THR employee Matt Belloni has said that Amy was given $5 million for the sequel while Bill Hader and Mindy Kaling were only offered $100K each. Disney raised their offers to an undisclosed amount, but both declined again.

Sir_Cliff

We actually talked about this. Bing Bong is gone because Riley forgot about him, but what if someone else remembered Bing Bong (or her parents recorded her singing the song and Riley finds the video) and somehow brought that back into Riley's mind? It was an interesting discussion.

Sometimes parents and teachers keep things a long time that plop back into your life years later and you're like "OMG! I remember that!" I remember getting things handed back to me from second grade at my high school graduation, for example. I still have them in a box somewhere to this day.

Not sure it's even necessary for the film, but it was just a discussion we had about the possibility of Bing Bong.
Pixar cross-over!

Disney Pixar GIF by Disney+

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom