Insects

Ann Washrag

Original Poster
My daughter and I prepared for high temps and humidity, but will we encounter an insect problem too? We will be in the parks from Aug 15-20.

Thanks

elisatonks

in disney you will only really see dragonflys, and mabe the occassional wasp or bee. We do also have mosqitioes here in florida but disney has things in place to keep them away. now if your staying offsite especially if renting a villa you may see more.

I_heart_Tigger

What about "love bugs" this time of year, I can't remember when you normally get those. Also, I recall when it's really hot seeing swarms of little tiny bugs around the heads of.....ummmm.....well....how do I say this.....oderous types. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I just tend to notice them at the same time I'm getting a big whif of BO :hurl: so I assume that's what they were attracted to.

NiarrNDisney

Love bugs seem to at their worst in April and May so you shouldn't have to worry about them. As for other bugs - It's Florida which is practicully a Rain Forest so they will be there either way. Just bring some bug spray and i think you will be just fine. Burts Bees makes a good one and it doesn't smell horrible like some other brands...

heliumalias

If you go near water (lakes mostly) particularly at night then you'll probably find that you're walking away with a bite or two but nothing hazardous to your health.

OMG my DH and I were down at Disney in May (this year) I have never ever had a problem getting bitten by insects before, but I have to tell you we decided to visit Port Orleans & the French Quarter Hotel(s) and took the boat ride, and I got bit on both my legs and still have scars and one bite is still to get better, I have no clue what bit me but if you decide to go to either of these hotels and take a boat ride, please use bug spray prior to be on the safe side, any other place on Disney Property I have never had a issue ever ever. I wished I knew what to put on these bites to get rid of them... ughh it's so frustrating.
:lookaroun

DisneyLeo18

Mosquito bites very common.

The love bugs i heard are very common in may and september. I have experienced the swarms in may but havent been to WDW in september. Although they are harmless, just EVERYWHERE. I was golfing in WDW during my trip and left the golf cart for 10 mins tops and the cart was covered. It looked like the plague or something. But nothing to worry about:wave:

EPCOTPluto

Love Bugs are actually pretty cool to see. :)

I know once in TL around August last year, there were yellow jackets everywhere.

And mosquito bites will be common around moist places at night...

disfan411

im quoting the newest book i read, The hidden magic of Walt Disney World but disney uses natural pest management. they release 250,000 "warrior insects" that get rid of the nasty insects. They also release lady bugs that eat insects too. pretty cool stuff

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom