insane crowds today

Bama14

I'm assuming you're from Alabama judging by your name? I have a friend and Alabama and she told me they recently did a lot of changing around with the vacation times for the schools there!
The county I'm in usually scores really well, but most of Alabama is in the very bottom tier. I guess they decided making all of the students go to school longer may raise the test scores...Oh well!

There was a huge group of "Fifteens" there when I was there last week! I got the pleasure of riding Space Mountain with two of them and wanted to slap them by the end. It's fine to have fun on that thing and yell sometimes. It is not fine to scream like you are being murdered the whole time at the top of your lungs right up until the time the car comes to a stop. And then to burst into cackles like the Wicked Witch of the West. They were also about to put us on a boat with them on Small World and everyone who wasnt part of their group requested to go on the next boat. Lol.

Im sorry it was so crazy though today. That doesn't sound like quite as much fun

That's the one! Two of them got in front of me in line to check out at a store on Main Street...pretty difficult to explain to a teenage girl that their gift card wouldn't be enough when they don't speak English. It was awful, I totally feel your pain. Similar experience with them on BTMRR.
So do these schools get a Feb break and a Spring Break? Jealous, we don't even get out for Presidents Day anymore, no Fall break, very short Christmas break...I"m moving!!!!:)

Well, I personally was there on Mardi Gras break...can't really speak for the rest of the country :p

Club34

Is there a "down period" after this and the spring break season but before when summer travel season begins? Any quiet weeks in april or may? its not my usual travel time so I'm ignorant to what WDW is like during this period.

lilclerk

Is there a "down period" after this and the spring break season but before when summer travel season begins? Any quiet weeks in april or may? its not my usual travel time so I'm ignorant to what WDW is like during this period.
I went mid-May a couple of years ago and it wasn't bad at all. The weather was good too, it hadn't gotten humid yet. I think if you go early to mid-May before most of the southern schools let out, you should be fine.

ThemeParks4Life

There was a huge group of "Fifteens" there when I was there last week! I got the pleasure of riding Space Mountain with two of them and wanted to slap them by the end. It's fine to have fun on that thing and yell sometimes. It is not fine to scream like you are being murdered the whole time at the top of your lungs right up until the time the car comes to a stop. And then to burst into cackles like the Wicked Witch of the West. They were also about to put us on a boat with them on Small World and everyone who wasnt part of their group requested to go on the next boat. Lol.

Im sorry it was so crazy though today. That doesn't sound like quite as much fun

I saw several of those 15 groups at Universal last week. Oh My God, chanting in line, leaving bags in front of the building, *shivers*

bubbles1812

id rather spend one day fighting crowds in wdw then spend 5 days home taking naps and staring out the window
Haha. Taking naps sounds pretty good to me. And if staring out the window is the only thing you can find to do at home, think you need some hobbies. Sorry, just jesting. But for me, I'd probably take those five days at home over fighting horrible crowds and not getting to do anything because of said crowds. Now if it was more than one day.. Maybe.

71jason

It sounds like we're still riding the wave of increased attendance that started last Fall (with record HHN and Food & Wine crowds). Anecdotally, all last week was busy, with what seemed like every resident of metropolitan New Orleans down here for Mardi Gras--walking around the parks on Tuesday I would've thought I was at an LSU home game.

Of course, Mardi Gras/Presidents Day trips were booked last year for the most part--I imagine Easter will be much the same. But I'm curious to see if the trend continues this Summer with most everyone taking an unexpected take-home pay cut in January and gas again flirting with $4/gallon.

71jason

I'm here and it's been insane. I'm sorry if this upsets any Brazilian members here but you guys have some of the most disrespectful park visitors I've ever seen.

Not Brazilian myself, but I'd suggest if you sent a couple hundred junior high aged Americans to Brazil with minimal supervision, Brazilians would be on the internet complaining how ill-behaved Americans are.

The fault for this lies squarely with TDO. They cater to these groups, rather than enforcing reasonable rules, such as a minimum number of chaperones per number of students.

Todd H

Not Brazilian myself, but I'd suggest if you sent a couple hundred junior high aged Americans to Brazil with minimal supervision, Brazilians would be on the internet complaining how ill-behaved Americans are.

The fault for this lies squarely with TDO. They cater to these groups, rather than enforcing reasonable rules, such as a minimum number of chaperones per number of students.

That's the thing. It's twirl week as well and the twirl groups have been very well behaved. The Brazilians, on the other hand, start with the chanting and screaming nonsense as soon as they get off the bus in front if the hotel. Nothing like a bus load arriving at 2AM and immediately starting with the chanting and running up and down in front of the rooms screaming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom