Insane crowds right now!!!!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
this shouldn't be a suprise... anyone who looked at Disney's price schedule should see this is a peak period - meaning maximum demand.

And yes up north they have a winter break in this period, and it's a holiday weekend.

Disney knew it would be busy..

Saintsfan75

inluvwithbeast

My kids aren't in public schools anymore but I know the local schools here in Nederland, Texas have spring break starting next week.

I'm also interested in how this extra break materialized! When I was a kid we only had the holiday break and spring break. We didn't even get the full week of Thanksgiving which seems to be fairly common nowadays. :shrug:

I told my MA friend that we had spring break mid-March and he told me that spring break was for college kids. I was confused needless to say. In Oklahoma spring break is always the second/third week of March and there's no such thing as February break. Kids are lucky if their school even has President's Day off.

Bonemachine

Thanks, I've kept up on the new stuff as minimal as it is. I lived in LA so I'm been to DL plenty of times. I'm more excited about Potter than Everest, Phillharmagic, Mission Space or anything else I haven't done yet in Orlando. At WDW it's more about the atmosphere than rides for me. At DL it's the other way around.

PolynesianPrincess

It's a little early for the schools in the north to have break yet. That's between March and April depending on the school. But it has been a horrible winter and people up here are going stir crazy. They probably see President's Day Weekend as an opportunity.

I came back Thursday the 17th from a trip there and it was more crowded than I expected. But a lot of the people we talked to when waiting in line were from places like New York, Michigan, etc and all there for the same reason. Last minute planned trips just to get a break. But they were not rude, they were all friendly and happy. They were also all getting the heck out of Dodge before Friday and the long weekend. When we left Port Orleans, people were just swarming in at arrivals. I haven't even seen crowds like that during actual spring break.

I find that a lot of rude people at the parks are those who didn't do much research on exactly what they were getting themselves into before hand and the rudeness is a product of being overwhelmed when it turns out not to be like Six Flags or Sesame Place.

I'm in Maine and I have cousins in NH and RI who are on winter break now for the week. My cousins from NH are actually down at Disney right now.

PolynesianPrincess

And winter break isn't new in the Northeast either. I'm 28 and ever since I started elementary school we had Thanksgiving break (only from Thursday on though, not a full week) Christmas break (about a week and a half) February vacation (full week) and April vacation (full week) We always started school AFTER Labor Day and got out mid-June

dsnyfreak

well,lets see, first of all its the daytona 500 only about an hour and a half away( same thing happened when wrestlemania was in orlando a few years ago- crowds were insane). then you have alot of the cheerleader and brazilian tour groups visiting right now, we just returned on feb. 11 and it wasnt TOO bad until friday when everyone checked in.and also, there are kids beginning spring breaks already(!!!!?????) and it being presidents week, one of the busiest weeks there!!!tfrom this time till after easter week are very busy and the florida tourism group are expecting more visitors this spring and summer dispite the high gas prices. luckily for me and my family we are residents and have annual passes. just relax and have a good time. remember, you are at WALT DISNEY WORLD!!:D:D:sohappy::sohappy:

Saintsfan75

well,lets see, first of all its the daytona 500 only about an hour and a half away( same thing happened when wrestlemania was in orlando a few years ago- crowds were insane). then you have alot of the cheerleader and brazilian tour groups visiting right now, we just returned on feb. 11 and it wasnt TOO bad until friday when everyone checked in.and also, there are kids beginning spring breaks already(!!!!?????) and it being presidents week, one of the busiest weeks there!!!tfrom this time till after easter week are very busy and the florida tourism group are expecting more visitors this spring and summer dispite the high gas prices. luckily for me and my family we are residents and have annual passes. just relax and have a good time. remember, you are at WALT DISNEY WORLD!!:D:D:sohappy::sohappy:

The bolded statement is untrue. We've been going to Disney every year for Mardi Gras (from New Orleans area and the kids are off) for many years, and it's never busy unless it falls on President's Day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom