Input on Dining Selections

Jacinda

Original Poster
Just got engaged last summer at WDW, and we will be going back to honeymoon this summer, and would like some input on our restaurant selections.

Rose and Crown - dinner (have been once before and loved it)
Boma - breakfast
Coral Reef - dinner
Tony's Town Square - dinner
50's Prime Time Cafe - lunch
Fulton's Crab House - dinner
Akershus - breakfast
Le Celllier - dinner
1900 Park Fare - breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern - dinner (had a blast last time)
Cinderella's Royal Table - breakfast
Brown Derby - Fantasmic dinner package
Chef Mickey's - breakfast

Tiggerfanatic

Loved the Rose & Crown, our server was a sweetheart. Did both Ton'y's and Akershus for lunch and liked the food in both places. Was a little disappointed in the Chef Mickey's breakfast buffet. Not as good as I remembered for past trips.

Did Mama Melroses's for Fantasmic - food was OK, would pick one of the others for the next time. But it was nice having the reserved seating for the show.

Can't comment of the rest. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and enjoy your trip!!

Magicmyway

Hey Congrats and Good Luck through the marriage! With that said, Rose and Crown is one of my favs. Especially if you plan it with the view of Illuminations. I love that little balcolny they have and the food is great! Ive never been to Boma, but have never heard anything bad about it. Coral reef is an amazing atmosphere and would be very romantic... I am not big on seafood but have ate there and had filet from the Kids menu. However my brother loves that restaurant! I like Tony's its good, however when choosing Italian I prefer Alfredos (ITALY), I like it a lot better. In all honesty, Ive been disappointed with the 50's prime time the last I was there, it hasnt been what it used to be, but the food is still amazing. Fulton's Crab House is great especially for a date atmosphere. I love to go there when Im at Pleasure Island and if that is full when you call, ask abut the Irish Pub its a favorite and fun! Ive never been to Akershus, but Ive heard that if you want to see Princesses that's the best place to do it with good food. Park Fare is another good one as is the Royal Table (love the atmosphere) and Chef Mickey's is my favorite with the classic characters. However, all the breakfast food seems the same. If I were to choose out of the three Id pick Chef Mickey's. Liberty Tree Tavern has some of the BEST food in the parks. I love it and never had a bad experience there so that was an excellent choice. You can never beat the food, experience, or atmosphere of Le Celliar...I LOVE THAT PLACE... and the Brown Derby is good to and is fun since the original is long gone...and getting the fantasmic package is smart because you dont waste time finding a spot.. I think you will definitely be eating great and enjoy your trip. I would recommend looking into the Yachtsman steakhouse. Ive never had a better steak than when I was there... with that I hope it helps.!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Just got engaged last summer at WDW, and we will be going back to honeymoon this summer, and would like some input on our restaurant selections.

Rose and Crown - dinner (have been once before and loved it)
Boma - breakfast
Coral Reef - dinner
Tony's Town Square - dinner
50's Prime Time Cafe - lunch
Fulton's Crab House - dinner
Akershus - breakfast
Le Celllier - dinner
1900 Park Fare - breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern - dinner (had a blast last time)
Cinderella's Royal Table - breakfast
Brown Derby - Fantasmic dinner package
Chef Mickey's - breakfast

Boma - never been for breakfast but I LOVE the theming
Coral Reef - 'meh' as far as I'm concerned, it's overpriced IMO
Tony's - not bad for MK dining
50's Prime - Great food (try the potroast) and if you get a server that's really into character you'll have a BLAST
Le Cellier - YUMMYNESS at it's best!!
Cindy's - Overpriced again, but I've only done dinner there
Brown Derby - YUMMY!! try the cobb salad
Chef Mickey's - never done breakfast there, but it's fun!!

Jacinda

Original Poster
Thank You

Thanks for all the feedback. Made all the reservations, now I'm just counting down until the wedding and honeymoon. We're actually doing the Disney Premium Plan so we're not worrying about costs of meals. We figured we'd try some of the ones we keep hearing rave reviews about (and could never afford if we were not on the plan).

magickingdom15

I really liked Coral Reef, its kind of funny when you're trying to eat and people are taking pictures but I thought the food was excellent and my family and i are going back to that resturant in march because we had a great experience there. The service and the food was great and thought their prices were reasonable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom