Inline Marathon??? Did that exist????

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I was just looking at Disney marathon stuff on eBay (long story...don't ask) and came across 2 shirts for staff for an event that mentions "inline" and "skate". One was dated 2005. Did they do inline skating marathon events like the same routes as the running events thru the parks???? Sweet holy heck! Where was I at???? I'd have done that!!!!!

Here's a link to one of the listings: http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-INLINE-M...aultDomain_0&hash=item2ea90b950c#ht_500wt_922

Juuuust curious! Thanks! :wave:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I was just looking at Disney marathon stuff on eBay (long story...don't ask) and came across 2 shirts for staff for an event that mentions "inline" and "skate". One was dated 2005. Did they do inline skating marathon events like the same routes as the running events thru the parks???? Sweet holy heck! Where was I at???? I'd have done that!!!!!

Juuuust curious! Thanks! :wave:
Wow. I have no idea. I can see in the mid 90's when the inline skate craze was more popular, not 2005. Interesting.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I've seen something like that too...I believe before the endurance series came along, that there were events such as this.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I never got into inline skates (showing my age a bit) but I can jam on some quads. I'd love love love to skate Disney. Love me some fun exercise. Interesting thought to say the least.

JillC LI

I never got into inline skates (showing my age a bit) but I can jam on some quads. I'd love love love to skate Disney. Love me some fun exercise. Interesting thought to say the least.

LOL, me too. Give me some four-wheeled skates, and I'll have fun! My son had a skating party for his 10th birthday 2 years ago and I was out in the rink nearly the whole time! That's some goooood exercise!

Sean23

I did the Disney Inline Marathon in 2007 it was a lot of fun. Two 13.1 mile loops through the boardwalk, epcot, hollywood studios and started at WWOS. I set my running PR by 11 minutes but skates made it easier did not train just showed up. It was only $80 to enter. I did a 2 hour and 21 minutes, almost wiped out only once going down a steep hill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom