Information on "The Wild"

Namine78

I know......Jason Connery? WOW!!! (I like British guys.)

I think Harland Williams is supposed to be in it as well...am I wrong?

catinthehat

I didn't hear about Jason Connery yet- where'd you see that?

All I know so far is Kefier Sutherland (an amazing talent, no doubt), Jim Belushi (gotta love him), Janeane Garafolo (she has always been a very funny, almost underrated actress IMO), and William Shatner ('nuff said).

It's an interesting assortment of people....

catinthehat

Was that from the film when they were all weird superheros? I forget the name... I happened to relly like her performance in The Truth About Cats and Dogs- she of course added serious comic relief.

I think she's playing the giraffe in The WIld...

Namine78

catinthehat said:
Was that from the film when they were all weird superheros? I forget the name... I happened to relly like her performance in The Truth About Cats and Dogs- she of course added serious comic relief.

I think she's playing the giraffe in The WIld...

Yep, "Mystery Men"...she and Eddie were in it as bitter enemies. Her father was killed by being thrown down an elevator shaft...with seventeen bulletholes. :veryconfu And that has to be one of the most underappreciated movies of our time.

catinthehat

Namine78 said:
Yep, "Mystery Men"...she and Eddie were in it as bitter enemies. Her father was killed by being thrown down an elevator shaft...with seventeen bulletholes. :veryconfu And that has to be one of the most underappreciated movies of our time.

I totally forgot he was in that (and yes, it was rather underrated). Interesting that they are both in this film together as well- although, often with films like The Wild, the voices record at all different times, so they may have not had any interaction...

CaliSurfer182

I just watched "The Wild"....during opening night, and I have to say I thought it was great. Of course it wasn't a "Disney" movie due to the obvious reasons, but it was great none-the-less. The beginning might be considered a little slow, but everything else makes up for it. The chartacters look great, act great, and they just work so well together. I think it blew Madagascar out of the water.
I guess I am just so amazed by this movie because it comes from a studio that is pretty much a "newbie" to the animated feature film business. I highly recommend it, and as a side note the A-list vocal cast was awesome too.

I decided to spend the money and see it as well.......I won't see it again. I didn't find it all that amusing and I really disliked the snake (I can't even remember his name... :( ...tho I am really tired and it may come to me later). I felt his only purpose in the movie was to act silly and make kids laugh...for me, his character was pointless. The animation was okay - I've seen worse, I still have a hard time tho getting past the character designs....I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about them just seems to rub me the wrong way. For me, this a movie that should've gone straight to DVD. I just feel that some films are meant for the theatre and that some are meant for DVD - this one, in my opinion belongs on DVD.

Character Designs are still bugging me....I wish I hadn't thought about them again....it's the lion mostly, theres something about him....his face....I don't know...I need sleep....will ponder more tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom