Information On Specific Polynesian Resort Rooms

Juniper

:wave: We're planning a vacation at the Polynesian Resort and I want to request a specific room. Last year while browsing the internet I came across a site that listed every room at the Yacht/Beach Club Resort, showed a map of each floor and where the rooms were located, gave a brief analysis of the layout and size of the balcony/patio, described the view and what was surrounding each room. Does anybody know what that web site is and if a similar site exists for the Polynesian rooms?

I'm not interested in a generic diagram of what the rooms look like, a description of the room catagories or location of each longhouse; I'm familiar with those. What I'm looking for would be a layout of every single room on the property and trying to get an angle on which are superior without having to pay extra. For example, if a room on the top floor of the Samoa longhouse has a better view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks or isn't located next to an elevator; I want that information as opposed to somebody else who just requests a Gardenview room.

Seano846

I stay at the Polynesian every year, and I have yet to find another site that even comes close to Tikiman's. Last year we stayed in a garden view room #3915 in the Tokelau building. It was basically a lagoon view with a pefect view of the M.K.

Upvote 0

Disneyfan101

We just got back from the Polynesian two weeks ago. We faxed our room request to the room coordinator 3 days before we left. I had requested a first floor room in one of three long houses near the quiet pool. Since we were travelling with children, I wanted a room near the great ceremonial house too. We got what I wanted. Our room was in the Rarotonga long house facing the quiet pool. It was very convenient to everything. I recommend this building if you have children under the age of 15. However, if you have older children, or its just adults, I would definitely recommend a lagoon view room. But the resort is simply gorgeous, not a bad room or view anywhere.
Have a great vacation. I can't wait to go back!

Upvote 0

tikiman

If you want to email me I can tell you room numbers and views of what ever longhouse you are considering. Let me know. I will be leaving for WDW a week from this Sunday so email me soon and I will help with what ever I can.

Aloha

Steve

Upvote 0

scherdin1

This is my first post! We have been going to Disney since 1974, and staying at Fort Wilderness Campground for the last 10 years. Does anyone know of a site for Fort Wilderness like that great one about the Poly? If so, I sure would like to take a look. We have our favorite campsites, but might like to try something different. We are going again in September and can't wait!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

dmp223

:wave: Would love that link to the room info @ the Beach Club, we have requested a water view king and think it would be great to have a sense where those rooms are located. If ANYONE has that info, could you please forward. Thanks so much! BTW our trip is coming up shortly... 8/16-23

Upvote 0

Palenque

Thanks Tim S.

I really have enjoyed this forum site and have gotten quite a
bit of information from a lot of people who have been very
helpful and pleasant to talk with. I appreciate everyone's
input on the many subjects.

118 days to Walt Disney World. It's been 5 years since last
visit.

1996 Caribbean Beach
1997 Cornando Springs
October 2002 ***** Caribbean Beach

Upvote 0

Juniper

Original Poster
Since the Caribbean Beach Resort is such a sprawling property and most rooms are created equal; their location and village is crucial.

A cursory glance at the map Tim S. provided a link to shows Trinidad South is almost detached from the rest of the property. The view across that portion of the lake to the undeveloped land looks more like Florida scrubbush than the Caribbean and it's miles from Olde Port Royale. If you want a quieter portion of the resort it could be nice but kids might hate it; that's the only village I didn't walk completely around.

Since Trinidad North has only three buildings (other villages have six); their quiet pool is puny. Parrot Cay Island and a bridge splits their waterfront from the larger areas and it's uninspiring. Jamaica suffers a similar fate and it's buildings are crowded together. Barbados isn't on a nice stretch of the lake and some buildings are quite far from OPR and the waterfront. Incidentally, it's worth the extra fee for a water or poolview room because some of the garden view rooms have a dismal exterior setting.

We stayed in Martinique building 25 and couldn't have been happier with the location: close to the village's wonderful quiet pool and OPR, at the widest part of the lake with a great view of the Aruba beach, few people other than Barbados and remainder of Martinique villages walked past our room, our own beach was just outside the door and it was near the Center Town bus depot which we used instead of the village stop. I think our room was 2525 and I couldn't find many that were closer to the water.

If we had to choose another village we'd pick Aruba, which easily has the best beach on the property. Their quiet pool is set on a private knoll above the Promenade and gets great sun late into the afternoon. It's a short stroll across PCI to OPR and early AM sunshine into the rooms was the only drawback I could find; building 52 looked like the best bet.

Upvote 0

Palenque

Juniper,

Do you remember which way the bus went through the resort.

I think it was Barbados then Martinque followed by Old Port
Royale, Trinidad North then South, followed by Jamaica and last
being Aruba in 1996.

Once or twice I had a full bus due to being at the end of the loop,
had to wait for the next.

Let me know if you recall.

Thanks.:wave:

Upvote 0

s25843

You might not get the Exact room you want, but you might get close to what you want!

Originally posted by Juniper
:wave: We're planning a vacation at the Polynesian Resort and I want to request a specific room. Last year while browsing the internet I came across a site that listed every room at the Yacht/Beach Club Resort, showed a map of each floor and where the rooms were located, gave a brief analysis of the layout and size of the balcony/patio, described the view and what was surrounding each room. Does anybody know what that web site is and if a similar site exists for the Polynesian rooms?

I'm not interested in a generic diagram of what the rooms look like, a description of the room catagories or location of each longhouse; I'm familiar with those. What I'm looking for would be a layout of every single room on the property and trying to get an angle on which are superior without having to pay extra. For example, if a room on the top floor of the Samoa longhouse has a better view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks or isn't located next to an elevator; I want that information as opposed to somebody else who just requests a Gardenview room.

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by DisneyKrazed
Is it worth getting a conciere garden room or a regular lagoon view room?

Concierge.

We awalys enjoy it at the contemp tower club and the 14th floor suites. If you want to pay its worth it

Upvote 0

Juniper

Original Poster
It's been several weeks but here's the site that breaks down each floor at the Yacht/Beach Club:

http://www.disneyzone.net/bcresort.htm

Upvote 0

disneygal2001

Since Trinidad North has only three buildings (other villages have six); their quiet pool is puny

What is wrong with Trinidad North. I worked there as a Housekeeper and I am sort of partical (sp?) to it

Disney Gal

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom