Info about Coranado Springs

Alexandra

We've stayed at CS several times and loved it each time. It is absolutely beautiful and their pool is extraordinary. You get that "Disney feeling" the minute you enter the property. Their food court is more upscale than the other moderates but that can be either a plus or a minus. They automatically add 10% to your food total for a gratutity, as there are servers who bring you drinks, etc. Also, the food is cooked to order and the offerings are a bit more ambitious than in the other moderates. If the difference in the food courts isn't an issue, go for it. We would definitely stay at CS again.

Upvote 0

bhg469

Ill be there in august, it will be my 5th time are that resort cause i love it so much. It is very well laid out but its big. pepper market is great but just dont eat there take it back to the room then you dont have to pay gatuity. there is a great variety of food. My biggest plus fr the resort is the transportation, it is hands down the best of any resort i have stayed or visited delux moderate or value. rarely have i had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus.

Upvote 0

dr_teeth90210

You might want to request a room in either the Ranchos or Cabanas section. I feel the Ranchos has the best theming but it is the farthest away from the food court and check in but it is the closest to the Main pool. And even though I prefer POR and POFQ, Coronado does have the best pool out of all the moderates.

The Cabanas have a nice beach feel to them and are a bit more laid back. They're located in between the front desk area and the main pool.

Upvote 0

Trishnh

We just stayed there for the first time and personally, it was our least favorite of all the moderates. The grounds are beautiful like all the resorts and the pool is very nice--It has the biggest water slide of all the mods which my kids loved. We didn't really have a problem with crowded busses (and we were there July 4th week) but it seemed like we always waited longer for a bus to come. For instance we were waiting for a MK bus one moring and 3 AK, 2 MGM, 2 Epcot and 1 DTD bus all went by before an MK one! But, all in all we only waited like 20-25 mins. Their check in/guest relations always had waits. I had to go several times due to room key issues and had to wait approx 30 minutes each time. I have never had to wait that long at any of the other mods. We also did not care for the Pepper Market. They had a good selection of food (comparable to the other mods I think) but it was very pricey--over $10 for a turkey sandwich! It is also pretty cramped and hard to move around when it is busy--which seems like always. Plus, you have to wait to be seated and there was always a line so it took like 20-30 min just to get a seat, then you had to go get your food, and with my kids I had to go to every food center :rolleyes: . Plus, they add the 10% to your bill which I did not think was a big deal but it did end up bothering me since all the 'waiter' did was bring drinks--and never even asked if we wanted refills which I later found out were free while you were dining. So, In my opinion Coronado definitely has it's good points and its bad, but I do not think we would stay there again. Of course if it meant staying at Coronado or not going to Disney, I would stay there again in a heart beat! :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

alanindy

I stayed there in early May during all the 50th festivities. I have stayed all over the property and found it to be just as enjoyable as any other. Beautifully landscaped, well themed, and clean. It's proximity to Epcot, the Studios, and Animal Kingdom mean it's just a short bus ride there. A bit of an effort to get to Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney though. I only used the small food store next to the Pepper Market and the Mayan Grill. Everyone dogs the Pepper Market, but I didn't see a problem with it other than the crappy hours. It was never open when I needed a meal after getting back from the parks at night. The food store (whatever it's called) also was inconsistent in operating hours. One night it was open past midnight, another it closed around 11pm, another night, I walked by just after getting back from Illuminations and it was closed. The complex is sprawling, so be prepared to walk. I loved my view from my window in the Casitas section - overlooked the lake and could see The Tower of Terror, Dolphin and Swan in the distance. Watched the press event fireworks for the opening of Soarin from my room that Thurs night too! Do a little research and be prepared for what you will get - dont expect the coziness of the Wilderness Lodge or the low costs of the All Star. It also has a nice fitness center with spa, and business services in the convention center (great for package shipping!). I also enjoyed the fact that due to being a convention location, there are FAR fewer toddlers (meaning almost no annoying strollers), and it's more relaxed and quiet. I'd easily stay there again.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Here's a link to a couple hundred more pictures and a guest's perspective of the resort.

http://www.wdwmemories.com/csr/

And then my own opinion. My wife and I stayed there in November of '03. Coronado Springs was by far our least favorite moderate resort having stayed at all 4. After looking at the above site, I was all excited about staying at Coronado in either the Ranchos or Casitas area. We got a King bed room in Casitas. Somehow the size of Casitas works against it in my opinion. Casitas has many 4 story motel style buildings themed to be the northern cities of Mexico. Somehow we just didn't find this all that magical. Add to that the small number of guests on family vacation and large number of guests there for a conference, and the place just sorta felt like a big pink and orange motel six. We maybe have enjoyed our stay more in Ranchos or Cabanas since they are smaller buildings farther away from the convention center and may have felt more cozy and more magical.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom