Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

DFD111

Original Poster
Greetings everyone,

I was wondering if the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular Show has closed. When I was at WDW in August of 2003, several of the CM's in that area of the park had made mention to guests that this would be the last year for this attraction and that they would want to make sure that they saw it before it was gone. Does anyone know any more about this?? Thanks.

imagineer boy

Really?! Maybe they were pulling people's legs to make them go into the attraction, but I think its pretty popular already. I hope they were telling the truth, because if they're right, this could lead to the replacement of the stunt show and making into the Indiana Jones Adventure ride! *drools*

DFD111

Original Poster
Thats cool. I have always enjoyed it because it gave everyone respect for all the action that those films contain. I was disappointed at the time to learn that it might be in its final year. I am very happy to hear that what I was told was wrong. It should be interesting to see what happens once the Motor Stunt Spectacular is up and running as well. It seems like MGM is going to be used as the "EXTREME PARK" to go head to head with Universal, all they need are a couple of coasters and it would be sweet.

cherrynegra

I know I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular Show replaced. I first saw the show in '95 and it's now 2004. Almost ten years. Time to replace it with an attraction tied to the Indy Jones theme.

djbrentama

Indy Stunt Show

I have a friend that is stunt guy in that show. I mentioned this to him last year when the first rumor started about when the auto stunt Paris copy opens, they are shutting Indy and replacing it with the Indy Ride. He had heard something like that but could not get a straight answer, yes or no. He said they sometimes will wait till the last minute to tell the CM's something is closing.

NADisney

Most likely True with Indy the Ride instead of the stunt show..why have two when you need one.I can imagine after the Motors stunt show is under way and the new backstage Studio tour is formed also ,that the Indy stunt show will be gone and a new indy dark ride or coaster like Disneyland paris's would take form in this space.

Now if we can get Disney to make a Mickey's ToonTown with a Rodger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin attraction for the Disney - MGM Studios .....:lookaroun

kurros

Originally posted by NADisney
Now if we can get Disney to make a Mickey's ToonTown with a Rodger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin attraction for the Disney - MGM Studios .....:lookaroun

Sounds good, but first we need new management that can save face and get Spielberg & Co to negotiate fairly with regards to Roger Rabbit.

Disney2002

I could see the 1 stunt show only argument holding fast.

Personally, I'd vote for the Disneyland darkride before the Disney Paris coaster.

A friend on mine who has been on the coaster said it was a painful experience.

The problem with the Disneyland ride is that Dinosaur copied the track layout exactly. A new version couldn't hurt!

WDW Cast Member

Just a setting straight of the facts...Indy did not open with the rest of the park, it was in rehersals when the park opened, so they opened a few weeks after the grand opening. So it is not one of the originals

Disney2002

Originally posted by WDW Cast Member
Just a setting straight of the facts...Indy did not open with the rest of the park, it was in rehersals when the park opened, so they opened a few weeks after the grand opening. So it is not one of the originals

If you ask me, that makes it one of the originals. :hammer:

It's not like the theatre started being built after the park opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom