Indiana Jones ride coming to Animal Kingdom?

Which ride should Animal Kingdom get? INDIANA JONES OR AVATAR?

• Total voters

blackbears28

Original Poster
indiana+1+-.jpg

After today talking to Animal Kingdom cast members on why Avatar construction has halted they informed me that they don't know for sure BUT that with all the criticism surrounding the Avatar project it may be downscaled to just a ride instead of an entire land or disposed of completely. They also said that with Disney now acquiring Lucasfilms and with Harrison Ford's Indiana Jones 5 being considered it is a very possible the classic attraction will come to FL. Harrison Ford's IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000148/ The following parks are now being considering the addition of Disneyland's classic Indy ride to either AK, MK or Hollywood studios. Here's a couple reasons why it makes sense.

***Disney Studios scenario: The demolition of man made Echo lake, American Idol experience, & the former Sounds Dangerous showroom has also been considered to fit in the ride as it is connected to the stunt show and would become an Indy themed land.

1. Many people on the East coast haven't experienced this ride yet.
2. Its still very popular and would fit in Walt Disney World (especially Animal Kingdom)
3. Disney now owns the rights to Lucasfilms.
4. It would be a lot quicker and affordable to construct since a new ride would consist of planning and designing whereby the ride's design plans already exist.
5. The ride is already a very successful ride and would be a great fit for Animal Kingdom.
6. Indiana Jones 5 is still being considered as Harrison Ford's IMDB page has announced the film source:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000148/
    My question is, where do we hide the show building, given that from my (rather bad) measurements, the Indy show building is somewhere 2-3 times the size of Echo Lake

blackbears28

Original Poster
With disney now owning Lucasfilms iI wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement in the next couple months. Disneyland's animal kingdom has one of the most amazing queue's and if it made it to Animal Kingdom it would fit alot better than Avatar.

tissandtully

With disney now owning Lucasfilms in my opinion it would be the absolute perfect fit. This ride would easily bring alot more people to the parks given that this is one of the few franchises that doesn't really loose popularity and would be an instant success if it came to Florida.
1. Many people on the East coast haven't experienced this ride yet.
2. Its still very popular and would fit in Walt Disney World (especially Animal Kingdom)
3. Disney now owns the rights to Lucasfilms.
4. It would be alot cheaper to construct instead of a new attraction because the ride already exists and no major redesigning by disney imagineers would need to take place.
5. The ride is already a very successful ride and would be a great fit for Animal Kingdom.

"a lot" "lose"

blackbears28

Original Poster
I read somewhere that Hollywood Studios original plans were that the Indiana Jones ride was to be constructed right behind the stunt show, sort of an Indy land. It can still be easily be done because all they would have to do is build it right into the parking lot like it was in the original plans. No major buildings to tear down or anything.

stevehousse

I suggested this in a different thread a week or 2 ago, but my idea would be to put an Indiana jones mine ride in Asia, ala Temple of Doom. It would be similar to the new SWMT ride going in MK but themed to the temple of doom. You would start it out as a dark ride and have a big mine train get away ending! I think it would fit fine in Asia since that's where the movie takes place...

blackbears28

Original Poster
Honestly the Disneyland Indiana Jones ride is amazing the way it is the queue everything...and I'd be so happy with even an exact clone of it somewhere in WDW. I think that would bring a lot of people to the parks on the east coast who haven't experienced it a lot more than anything else. in my opinion the Indy ride at disneyland is the best ride there and it should definitely come to FL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom