Indiana Jones IV gets the green light!

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
Yesterday, Paramont Studios gave the green light to start production on the next installment of the Indians Jones saga. Harrison Ford is believed to be getting $25 million plus a part of the proceeds to do the film.

M

Mr Lightbeer

What great news I've been wating for this movie since five minutes from the last. Just hope they bring back Sir Sean to play his dad:) :) :) :)

Goofster

SWEET!

I can hear the theme song allready, daa da daadaa, daa da daaaa, da da daadaa, daa da da da da. Will Disney get the rights to this here film?

markymark

Great news. Can't wait for this one! I agree lets have Sean Connery in it too. Lets put The Mummy down a peg or two and show them how it's done properly.

M

Mr Lightbeer

I just read somewhere that Anthony Hopkins is to play Indy's son,Clint Eastwood will be Indy's sons son and Robert Redford will be Indy's sons ,sons, sons son,guess they all drank ribena then.

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 447

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Mr Lightbeer
I just read somewhere that Anthony Hopkins is to play Indy's son,Clint Eastwood will be Indy's sons son and Robert Redford will be Indy's sons ,sons, sons son,guess they all drank ribena then.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tink

:D

You are silly, Mr. Lightbeer!

I love the Indiana Jones movies - I must've seen them each a hundred times!

indyfan

Not happening soon.

I hate to bust anyone's bubble. I'm a huge Indiana Jones fan. But according to site I read a lot and usually they have great info I came across this. Thought I would pass it along. (By the way its a great site for movie info.)

July 5, 2001... A recent article in The New York Post has set off a worldwide flurry of reports that a new Indiana Jones movie might be right around the corner. Sorry, but that's just not the case.

The Post report, in which the paper said Paramount executives were looking at scripts for a fourth Indy film, has been picked up by news services around the planet. But in reality, the project is no further along than it's been for years. Neither Lucas, Spielberg or Ford have committed to the project, and an approved script doesn't even exist yet. Trust us -- just because Indy 4 scripts exist doesn't mean the project has advanced any further than the script stage.

check it out at www.corona.com

Looking forward to the the day Indy puts back on the hat!

beLIEve

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
Re: Not happening soon.

Originally posted by indyfan

Looking forward to the the day Indy puts back on the hat!

beLIEve

Well, they had better hurry before Indiana Jones is cracking his whip from a wheel chair.:(

Sire_Bobbie

If Indy doesn't get made in the next few years, surely Harrison Ford will be too old for the role. It is a very phyiscal role. Could this be the time for Indy's secret son to reveal himself?:D

Goofster

I sure hope not!

Those young indiana jones movies were definately not as good as the regular indiana jones ones.

If its not Harrisson Ford, it's not indy.

Well, it probably wouldn't happen anytime until after episode III, if Lucas directs or is a big part, and it seems like Spielberg only makes Dreamworks now (can anybody prove or dissprove?) and It definately needs Ford

indyfan

Too old come on...

To our fans out there in wdwmagic land that think Harrison Ford is to old to play Indiana Jones here's what he has to say about that -

"No one wants to see a hero have to pick up a cane to hit someone, but I'm still quite fit enough to fake it. It's all smoke and mirrors anyway."

So yeah he'll be 60 soon. But people still pay lots of money to go and see the Stones and they are pushing 60. Its kinda funny seeing a man in his 50s sing I can't get no satisfaction.
With Indy we are talking about an archaelogist traveling the globe in search of artifacts. So is there really a too old? Nope.
I have seen specials on television with 80 yr old guys digging out in the desert looking for that relic that they have looked for their entire life.

Yes the Indiana Jones role is a physical one at that. But I think we'll see Harrison pull it off like he always has.

About the long lost son. Please I hope not!

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by markymark
Lets put The Mummy down a peg or two and show them how it's done properly.

people, c'mon! The Mummy wasn't trying to be another Indy Jones! Sommers just wanted to bring the old Mummy classics back to life, and up to date....and in my humble opinion, he did an OUTSTANDING job! Needless to say, The Mummy is my all time favorite movie!
In no way was Stephen Sommers trying to 'out-do' any movie...especially Indy....it had nothing to do with Indy. It's just like comparing the black and white Mummys to Indy...they had no relation. Lucas MAY have gotten inspiration from the b&w's...I don't know, I've never looked into it...but he wasn't in any way trying to copy or out-do or anything to the old classics.
Now don't get me wrong, I like Indy just fine....of course, some of them are better than the others, but...please, for my sake, I beg you, don't compare The Mummy and Indy Jones...I believe they can both stand on their own feet..and there's plenty of room in the movie buisness for the both of them!
But besides that...IF there is to be a Indy 4, and IF they make it too late for Harrison to play the lead role, don't you think Brendan would make a perfect relative of Indy's? Or apprentice at least? He's already proven that he can be the perfect adventure hero in The Mummy....and even if you hated The Mummy and thought it was the worst movie in the world...ya gotta admit...Brendan's a damn good actor!!

markymark

I personally dont have a problem with The Mummy. The point I was making was that in my humble opinion, Indy beats The Mummy hands down. Sure The mummy is a good film. I am confused that you cant see why there is a comparison.

StarscreamLSU

I wish they would go with the 'Spear of Destiny' script.

I also liked the story that had Indy's son, who wants to be just like dad, getting lost and in big trouble. Then Indy has to come out of retirement to save him. I love it becuase I can so see Harrison Ford hamming it up with trying to relearn how to use the whip and doing the whole 'I'm getting way to old for this' thing.

Personally I would go with Josh Jackson to play the son. I think he has that dry wit that matches Indy very well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom