Indiana Jones at Hollywood Studios

The Empress Lilly

Tokyo has the Indy ride + coaster combo. Awesome.
I don't think that coaster is all that bad. It is somewhat fun, in a jerky, rough kind of way. Wish they would build it in Asia in DAK, without the Indy theme.

I did think last time that the Indy show was a bit dull at times. Personally, I would get rid of the audience participation. Once you've seen six tourists fail at trying to be cool on stage but in a sympathetic kind of way, you've seen them all. Just get on with the show already!

I don't care much what they do with the show so long as Indiana Jones remains a presence in the parks. Can't get enough.

cheezbat

Absolutely. The Indiana Jones Temple of Peril rollercoaster is absolutely the worst Disney rollercoaster I ever experienced. The theming is a joke, the ride is short and includes nothing that makes it special (I don't count the inversions as "special", every amusement park features something like that)

And concerning the Indiana Jones Stunt show, it's not only old and outdated, it seems as if it has some problems too. Last week the final scene had a lot of technical failures, special effects were not working the way they should be, the mechanic is again only shot, not shreddered by the propeller etc.

They should finally give us a WDW-version of the IJA, Dinosaur was never, is not and never will be a substitute for this awesome and brillantly designed and themed DL and TDS classic.

/\/\/\
THIS!
I applaud you!!!

Having ridden both rides so many times, I can honestly agree that while Dinosaur is a decent ride, it is in no way on par with Indy. Indy blows Dinosaur out of the water...way more elaborate and interesting queue line, better overall ride, more elaborate sets, better soundtrack, and INDIANA FREAKING JONES!

Fraisie

When it comes to big shows at the studios, I prefer Indy to Epic Stunt Spectacular. However, I've been to DL and DL Paris, and when it comes to Indy attraction, WDW's is really just "meh". I'd love to see the DL Indy added to the Studios.

Club34

No one ever seems to like my suggestions, but if we were going to replace the stunt show (and I'm not sure that I want it replaced) why wouldn't they try something original. I was thinking something on par with Uni's the mummy ride/coaster. We could do something worthy of jones with a coaster/dark ride. There seems to be plenty of space at that plot to build some sort of smallish mountain or temple to house a new indy adventure. Indy's "world" just begs for awesome rides/theming. I don't really care for the DL ride (or Dino for that matter) but I love to go to the DL one just for the experience of the theming and the queue.

imagineer boy

I would die and go to heaven if they add the Indy ride from DL! Its one of the best rides I've ever been on. There is no comparison to Dinosaur, its really that good. If they bring it to WDW, I'd love to have the same basic ride experience but with some changes here and there to make it unique in its own right. Even though I hear the Indy coaster in DLP is really rough, I hear the version in TDS is very smooth. So it would be cool if WDW got the Indy ride and coaster combo similar to TDS.

sgtmgd

I would agree that the show could.be updated to include parts of the other films...do it in some sort of order to watch the show as a complete Indy expierience.

I know people complain about Idol..BUT people actually make it onto the real show from the HS show. It seems to still be very popular and auditions a ton of folks daily..the talent folks that hear auditions give feedback ..not always what you want to hear but honest in their opinion.

DHS needs a new attraction ....a Herbie thrill ride would be interesting..Sword In the stone...Black Cauldron......dare I say a new 20000 Leagues ride...

Glasgow

Replacing the Indy show with IJA from DL would make me the happiest person. Along with HM and PoTC, I really think it's the most complete Disney attraction (queue + ride + x-factor). Don't think it will ever happen tho - I imagine they'd expand Pixar place first with MI coaster way before ripping out the stunt show.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
They really need to drop the filming pretense. Do they think anyone really believes the little Asian guy I had a couple of weeks ago is "Harrison Ford's stunt double"?

I don't mind if they leave the show there, but they really need to add some new scenes.

Mind you, my preference would be for us to get the Temple of the Forbiden Eye (which is, in my opinion, the best attraction in any of the American Disney parks).

MarkTwain

I think an Indy flume would be interesting. I was responsible for babysitting/taking a friend's son to DHS last summer, so he (well, mainly me :D) could ride the new Star Tours a couple of times. It was a pretty hot day, and so when he asked where a good water ride was in the park, I didn't know what to tell him. I think if Disney built an exciting Jurassic Park-style flume ride through a jungle and then through a temple with all the death traps and snakes from Indiana Jones (maybe a backwards drop away from the boulder?), it could be a really intriguing ride. And there you go - Disneyland's Indy is still unique, WDW gets its own unique ride, and DHS can bring some refreshing relief to a shadeless park.

powlessfamily4

My nephews are 5 and 6 and LOVE this show. My brother was selected to participate during our March trip and they were literally speechless to see Dad with Indy. It does still attract new fans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom