Indiana Jones Adventure to close Sept. 4th - December 7th

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I was able to ride it right before it closed and, honestly, I was just not impressed. I kept waiting for something to jump out of all the dark places and it never happened. Hate to be negative but I thought it was just a bumpy dark ride past Indy scenes. Dinosaur scares me every time. This didn't. Maybe the expectations were too high?

Firstly, the objective of these rides are different. Indy isn't supposed to scare you, it's supposed to excite you as you try to escape the "wrath" of the Forbidden Eye. I don't think I've ever heard someone say they got scared of the ride during a portion of it. I don't even know why these two attractions are always compared. They're not the same at all, besides the ride system and maybe the vehicles. Secondly, a lot of the special effects on Indy haven't been working, which takes away a lot of the hype for the ride.

Mad Stitch

I was able to ride it right before it closed and, honestly, I was just not impressed. I kept waiting for something to jump out of all the dark places and it never happened. Hate to be negative but I thought it was just a bumpy dark ride past Indy scenes. Dinosaur scares me every time. This didn't. Maybe the expectations were too high?

I'm glad I braved DL on Labor Day to see this. Now I think the opposite, it was probably my favorite non WDW ride out of both parks. Much better then Dinosaur, just goes to show you how much difference a theme can make. Although I am a big Indy fan in general. Raiders is in my top 3 favorite movies.

Question about this attraction. I thought I read that each ride is a different experience. How does it change? I rode twice and at the part with the three doors I went through the right one and the left, but other than that I didn't notice anything different.

Mad Stitch

I don't even know why these two attractions are always compared. They're not the same at all, besides the ride system and maybe the vehicles.

I think that's why everyone compares them though. I even saw a post where someone said even the track layout is the same, I don't know if that is true though. I get what you are saying though. It would be like comparing RSR to TT; same ride system and vehicles, but the manner in which it is used create a totally different ride.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Question about this attraction. I thought I read that each ride is a different experience. How does it change? I rode twice and at the part with the three doors I went through the right one and the left, but other than that I didn't notice anything different.

The changes aren't at all hugely noticeable. Indy may say something different during each ending or a special effect may be slightly different or the jeep may go slightly faster during a certain part than another jeep. The differences aren't that special.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I think that why everyone compares them though. I even saw a post where some said even the track layout is the same, I don't know if that is true though. I get what you are saying though. It would be like comparing RSR to TT; same ride system and vehicles, but the manner in which it is used create a totally different ride.

Exactly.

Cosmic Commando

I think that's why everyone compares them though. I even saw a post where some said even the track layout is the same, I don't know if that is true though. I get what you are saying though. It would be like comparing RSR to TT; same ride system and vehicles, but the manner in which it is used create a totally different ride.
Test Track to Radiator Springs Racers is probably more like Buzz to TSMM or the original Space Mountain to the new one... the next generation of a ride system/idea. Dinosaur to Indy is different because it IS the exact same track layout, but all of the scenery is different. The only time I really noticed the same track layout was the rolling ball scene, which was a giant meteorite in FL and then was changed to a giant Carnotaurus head. They did a good job of creating different ride experiences, but I think it's fair to compare. It's like giving two people the same box of Legos and seeing what they can build.

Mad Stitch

Well in that case yes, it’s a very fair comparison. Like I said in my above post, the theming makes a huge difference here. I would walk past Dinosaur unless there was no wait, but I found Indy enjoyable enough to wait in line for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom