Incident at BTMRR (2/9)

cmwade77

Any ideas what it was about?
A guess is there was something unsafe in the queue, some things that could cause something like this:
  • Bodily fluids left in the queue (happens with kids or when even some adults can't get out of the queue)
  • Someone having a panic attack in the queue due to the crowds
  • A lot of bees or other dangerous insects in the queue
  • Something was spilled causing it to be too slippery, especially on the slopes
  • Someone in the queue doing something that requires security to come through
  • Someone needing first aid in the queue (this is one of the most likely scenarios if they cleared the queue as quickly as you say, as they might need to clear a path to the person as quickly as possible)
I am sure there are other possibilities, but this is just a guess.

Goofyernmost

Wait, I know. It was just another procedure by Disney to make sure that they make your visit as frustrating and miserable as possible. It is part of the overall mission statement that feels that the maximum upset that can be leveled at the Guest, the more likely they will be to make a return trip and spend lots of money.

The above paragraph was, of course, sarcasm. But, seriously what makes any of us think that we need to know exactly what happened in any situation. There might have been a very tragic event or a minor one, but it really doesn't matter, it is none of our business. If it is a safety oversight, we will find out about it eventually. All we need to know is that something happened and the queue was cleared. Other then that our job is to do the right thing, move on to the next attraction and continue with our day. It's getting so people feel that if a bird farts within 50 feet it is important that we know which bird and what it ate to give it gas.

Last edited:

Hank Hill

It's getting so people feel that if a bird farts within 50 feet it is important that we know which bird and what it ate to give it gas.

Need more details on that. Who smelt it first, and were they really the one who dealt it? Also, what did it smell like?

It's just rubbernecking to see an accident on the side of the road. Yeah, it ain't right, but almost eveyrone does it.

Lilofan

Need more details on that. Who smelt it first, and were they really the one who dealt it? Also, what did it smell like?

It's just rubbernecking to see an accident on the side of the road. Yeah, it ain't right, but almost eveyrone does it.
When someone vomits in the queue line, we just deal with it and smell the puke until the Disney staff come and clean up.

Touchdown

Original Poster
Excuse me for posting something bizarre, as I said in the first post there was no EMS, Security or camera crews onsite when I got off the ride.

JLipnick

When someone vomits in the queue line, we just deal with it and smell the puke until the Disney staff come and clean up.
I was just down at WDW last weekend with my wife for our anniversary and were in the FP line at the AK Safari. we were standing by the opening for stroller parking when a dad came back up the queue with his son in his arms. he went to go past like he was going back to the entrance of the queue when my wife told him if he needed to get out of the line, he could just go out through the stroller parking. he did that and no more than 15 steps into the stroller parking, his son fed the fishes! thanks to my wife, people behind us in line didn't get puked on! then, as we moved our way up towards the loading area, we saw where the boy first got sick, all over the ground. hey, it happens. but, they didn't remove anyone from the queue. and it happened to be one of the best safaris we have done.

Hank Hill

I was just down at WDW last weekend with my wife for our anniversary and were in the FP line at the AK Safari. we were standing by the opening for stroller parking when a dad came back up the queue with his son in his arms. he went to go past like he was going back to the entrance of the queue when my wife told him if he needed to get out of the line, he could just go out through the stroller parking. he did that and no more than 15 steps into the stroller parking, his son fed the fishes! thanks to my wife, people behind us in line didn't get puked on! then, as we moved our way up towards the loading area, we saw where the boy first got sick, all over the ground. hey, it happens. but, they didn't remove anyone from the queue. and it happened to be one of the best safaris we have done.
Twice I have just taken the initiative to change the queue and close a lane. I stopped at a switchback with a chain and waited until the line in front passed me and closed off a lane or two so nobody had to stand or walk over the mess. Still heard grumbling behind me like I was causing an issue. Nobody was going to get on the ride faster if I walked over puke. Some queues don't have that option though. Luckily I haven't had to deal with a mess otherwise.

Lilofan

Twice I have just taken the initiative to change the queue and close a lane. I stopped at a switchback with a chain and waited until the line in front passed me and closed off a lane or two so nobody had to stand or walk over the mess. Still heard grumbling behind me like I was causing an issue. Nobody was going to get on the ride faster if I walked over puke. Some queues don't have that option though. Luckily I haven't had to deal with a mess otherwise.
I notice usually the puke mess while we are at the parks that I encounter is after lunch or dinner time at the queue line or more often after someone rides Soarin, Mission Space or Rock and Roller Coaster.

Goofyernmost

I notice usually the puke mess while we are at the parks that I encounter is after lunch or dinner time at the queue line or more often after someone rides Soarin, Mission Space or Rock and Roller Coaster.
Soarin? Wow, we do have some very internally weak people don't we?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom