In Your Opinion, Is each Park Worth $50?

trekkie

Original Poster
I have been thinking about this a lot, especially since the MK expanded the emporium, thus getting rid of the alley, and adding to the endless amount of shops on Main Street. They don't even have a cinema anymore!
DL has over 50 attractions/shows; the MK has less than 30; and at the same time, they have about three dozen shops, souvenir stands and restaurants.
Same type of situation with AK, Epcot & MGM; although each of these parks obviously do have less shops and restaurants.
In your opinion, Is each park worth $50 just to enter? I'm just interested in everybody's opinion.

rokcandy

I know that's achunk of change, but it's worth it if you spend a good amount of the day@ that particular park - unlike my family, who wake up @ 1 and don't get to the attractions until everything is closed LoL. Even then it's worth it - it's Disney, after all. :)

Pippa

Yes of course they are worth it! Where else can you go to be thoroughly "magic-ed", forget all your worries and remember that there is some niceness left in the world? I would say $53 dollars is well spent therapy!

djmatthews

Right, $53 is about £33. Yes, yes, yes, it is so worth it, it costs £11.50 ($18 ish) to visit the theme park I worked in over the summer, and its s**t hole. You can do the rides in like an hour. Its more like a bad permenant travelling fair.

Lets compare that $53/£33 to some other thigs.
£33 would get you about 8 games of 10 pin bowling here.
6 tickets to the cinema.
A relativly nice meal in a London returant.
It wouldn't pay for one of my nights out.
Would buy a good ticket to a west end show.

Basically, I would rather spend $53 for a full day at a WDW park from say 9-8 or whatever it may be, than do any of the above. Once your in there, you dont have to spend a penny more.

bailey5697

Originally posted by trekkie
It's $53 to enter them now???????????????

Someone posted something here once that I have never forgotten and I completely agree with.
He said he would pay $50 to sit on a park bench in WDW just to soak it in. I would do the same thing - (I would prefer if this bench were near the castle or a character meet) but the whole magical experience of a child seeing and *feeling* WDW (Especially the first time) is the absolute best feeling. My 5 year old is going for her first time in less than 5 weeks. I know I will cry the first few days.
:D

matt&helen

I have to agree with everyone else. It is totally worth it. If you're close enough to WDW buy the AP. That way you can go as much as you want, and the $53 won't bother you that much.

amanda

I think definately $50 dollars is worth it for WDW, especially MK. I would spend just about anything to go inside the WDW parks b/c you just dont get the same feeling anywhere else

disneydudette

It is a lot of money...

But WDW is like the grand floridian of family vacations...
it's worth it if you want it...

PS- I don't think 53 is worth it during busy times....when you pay that much and get on 3-4 attractions...its a downside....
but you must factor in the shows and fireworks and parades....those just make up for the lost....

T1nker_Bell

I think a day at the Magic Kingdom is definetly worth the money. Think about how fun splash mountain, space mountain, big thunder mountain, buzz lightyear and many others are. Riding buzz lightyear itself is worth 10 dollars!

WDW David

Banned
Certainly. It is the cleanest, friendliest, and most themed park in the U.S. I will always pay the money for entry to the parks(unless its 1,000 :rolleyes: )

imagineersrock

do i love it yes, and thats why we have AP... but i'm not to sure whether or not the general public (not us disney freaks) would agree. I know many who feel that $53 isnt worth it, just like they dont think its right to pay over $400 a night for a room worth about $100 if even.

:lol: -if it wasnt for my addiction, I'd boycott! :lol:

FLcastmember

Lets compare it to things that are not worth the money......

Over at Old Town, a 1 min ride on the Sky Coaster is $35....for 15 more you get about 600 min at MK.

IOA, same price, less to do, in terms of # of attractions and NEVER a parade or Fireworks.

Go to I-drive and catch a movie, go to Ripleys and ride some go-carts, and play mini golf, and you would have spent at least $50, in half a day.

IMHO, there is not anything that is MORE WORTH my $50 when im on vacation!!!!

Becky

Things or events are worth what an individual is willing to pay for it/them:cool:

Some would pay thousands of dollars for a bottle of "old" wine. Others would pay NOT to drink Beverly:D

I pay $2.50 for a bottle of water at WDW. Is it worth it? It is to me because I find the regular free water there discusting:eek:

I buy an AP. Renewed it in December and that trip paid for it.:) It allowed me to go at the beginning of this month without paying to get in plus gave me a $30 a night AP discount on my AS room. :D

I am going again in May. "Free" to get in again plus 40% off my room as I booked it from WDW when I was there this month:sohappy:

Is $50 worth it to you. No one but you can answer that but as you can see from our posts it is to us.:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom