In times of short-staffing, is Disney being flexible on rehire?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What? They absolutely have HR and Employee Relations who handle these issues. Last I heard (pre-COVID at least) there was actually a panel of Employee Relations, Casting and HR reps who reviewed these requests and made a decision by committee.
It’s an absolute meat market…ever been?

Casting looks like an airport terminal during bad weather

You don’t make a visit or get a call and “discuss your concerns”…it’s pushing pork.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
You don’t make a visit or get a call and “discuss your concerns”…it’s pushing pork.

You have to constantly reapply and pray you make it through the autoreject in order to even go through the rehire panel.

Once you're there, from what i've been told by people that have gone through it, you have to show personal and professional growth, as well as a sincere passion for Disney and sincere regret and atonement for whatever it is you did (or Disney claims you did) that caused you to be terminated.

When you don't have rehire and have to go through the panel, you're not an applicant: you're a supplicant

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
So two updates.
Oh, I don't. I just want to clear my rehire status. I don't consider it fair that I'm almost 40 and still banned from working there almost 20 years later without as much as getting a second chance.

An update... for fun.

I followed @Shaffer23's thread's advice to see what my status is and to petition to change it.

44 days later, here's a screenshot of the email I received:

1660074801782.png

Almost 20 years later, Disney does not forget and does not forgive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom