In the hotseat...

cm1988

Thread drift correction...

Ok, the Tim Berners-Lee post led to some thread drift. My bad.:lookaroun

Back on topic, I did have a question about the WDW "Millionaire" prizes. What are the pins that they award... some kind of special commemorative, or regular edition ones?

If people are getting into the hotseat using the random button-push method, that leaves your odds of the correct sequence at 4 x 3 x 2 ... 1:24. (Probably my best chance of seeing one of those pins.)

dwldzm9

I believe that the pins are limited ONLY to people who win them at the attraction, then at the next level I think they give away a Hat and shirt or something - I might have those two backwards.

cm1988

Millionaire Pins

Originally posted by dwldzm9
I believe that the pins are limited ONLY to people who win them at the attraction...
I wonder what they look like?

The pins, I mean.:hammer:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
ithout the invention of the computer, there would be no internet.
Hate to drift again but the computer was also invented by the British.
It was used during WWII at Bletchley park to decode German codes.
The guy that invented it was a British Telecomunications engineer, ( i cant remember his name) or as it was then Post Office. The Brits were so worried by this machine, nicknamed the Bomb that it was smashed to pieces at the end of the war. The guy has only just received credit because of the official secrets act.
And if you take it a step further youy can only view a computer thanx to a tv screen invented by a Scot.

Back to the game, yes our questions were originally harder,but in recent months have been dumbed down to get more big winners. Strange thing is many of the brainiacks who now go on the show can never answer questions on popular culture, ie TV , music films.

svirgo

Hi, I am visiting in 9 days time (Woo-hoo!) and I havent done WWTBAM yet, what are the questions about? Are they Disney-relaited or jusy general knowledge? Also, do you get prizes as soon as you get into the hot seat or only when you get to a certain level of points?:animwink:

Thread drift continues.

The Germans had a working electric computer a couple of years before the English.

The Internet was, in fact, "invented" in the United States with funds from the Department of Defense (the ARPA and DARPA programs).

Berners-Lee really invented, if memory serves, the initial HTTP protocol and Mosaic (the first web browser). While the WWW is the most commonly used aspect of the Internet, they are distinct inventions.

Now, if you want REAL thread drift, we can begin discussing "Internet" versus "internet", and why "Intranet" and "Extranet" are words that marketing weasles generated that cannot, in fact, have real definitions.

SykedOwt

Originally posted by svirgo
Hi, I am visiting in 9 days time (Woo-hoo!) and I havent done WWTBAM yet, what are the questions about? Are they Disney-relaited or jusy general knowledge? Also, do you get prizes as soon as you get into the hot seat or only when you get to a certain level of points?:animwink:

Once You get into the Hotseat you have to answer only one question correctly to get a pin. Usually the first 5 are really easy so You are almost guarenteed 5 pins. Also, You can stop at any time. Most people don't realize and blow it if they're at like 125,000 or something.

thumper

I think I read in the thread (before the drifts!) tha if you get to the final question you could win a trip to New York. I wonder what happens for those of us who live in New York! I'd still take it though..maybe I could cash the trip for some shopping money instead!:lol:

ToWeroFTerRor67

I made it into the hotseat in April. I made it to 8,000 points and got a hat and 8 pins. You get a pin for each level question you get right. E.G. 100, 200, 300 etc. The first question is a fastest finger. The person who gets on always just presses random buttons. Since the next contestant is picked on the basis of total points, I always try to get the fastest finger question right and not just take a guess, because I belive that it counts in your point column. While the first contestant is in the hotseat, you have to push the correct button in front of you as quick as you can otherwise you won't get as many bonus points. What I do is just push the button rapidly until it is lit. Missing one question will take you out of the running so you have to get them all correct. It is a really fun game, but when you are in the hot seat you get real nervous. It was one of my best Disney experiences.

cm1988

About those pins

Originally posted by ToWeroFTerRor67
...made it into the hotseat... got a hat and 8 pins...
Thanks for posting those "tips and tricks" for getting into the hotseat. Very interesting! Won't try to do so myself (due to some affiliation with the Company), but I am curious about those pins. If you have a minute, please post again to left me know if any were special commemoratives 'for winners only'.

ToWeroFTerRor67

sorry it took so long.

I forgot to mention, you also get one of those necklaces that hold keys. The pins are nice, and I'm pretty sure only winners get them. Here is a picture.

Attachments

• wtbam.gif
    wtbam.gif
    61 KB · Views: 135

momickey

ToWeroFTerRor67 is right. You have to start pushing the buttons for the right answer before they finish reading the answers. Otherwise you will never get the fastest time. I also got the pins, a key laniard, and a hat. I was about to get a T-shirt too... when I got really nervous and messed up a easy answer. Oh well.
I find that it's difficult to get into the hot seat a second time. I think I only managed to get up there with begninner's luck :lol:

ToWeroFTerRor67

It took me probably 7 times over 2 trips to WDW. Also the shows are only about 25 minutes long so if one person goes for a long time, they probably won't have time for another guest to play.

momickey

It's true... 25 minutes really isn't long enough.
What's worse is when someone is left over from the previous show. It's nice that they let you keep going, but it doesn't allow for anyone new to play.

i dont like saying this but me and my brother were in the audience and a question came up that he did not know and i told him the answer and amist all my pride i pressed the wrong button. and to top that off he got into the hot seat that game. i was soooooo mad. i got him into the hotseat and he didn't even thank me

tenchu

Originally posted by wdwfanatic17
i dont like saying this but me and my brother were in the audience and a question came up that he did not know and i told him the answer and amist all my pride i pressed the wrong button. and to top that off he got into the hot seat that game. i was soooooo mad. i got him into the hotseat and he didn't even thank me

Typical. You should have knee capped him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom