Trip Report In the blink of an eye

So this trip as some of you already know happened and ended in the blink of an eye. I'm a planner, I love planning our vacations but when we decided to go with such short notice it was so exciting and unbelievable it almost made it one of the best trips. Everything was spontaneous with instant decisions. No time to plan where to eat or what to do other than the parks that were picked. I don't normally talk money but it cost us $1,500 for 3 nights at a value, 2 parks without the hopper for 3 people. That included the $180 roundtrip airfare for all 3. We had some rewards points to use for our food and only ended up going a little over so there was very little out of pocket for meals. To me this was worth it and not too expensive

We decided to go on September 14th , booked on September 15th, and our arrival day was September 25th! Along with me will be my husband Joe and my oldest Emily.

September 25th.

We actually had a later flight and were able to go at a slower pace than we are used to. First we had to drop our off baby girl Gilah.

IMG_5242.JPG

IMG_5241.JPG

We arrived at Metro airport and it was pretty quiet and calm. Although when I went through the scanner apparently they thought I had something in the groin area. I had to be frisked and was offered a private room. I declined. The female TSA agent kept making it sound like it was going to be very uncomfortable and kept repeating herself, I’m sure to make sure I understood but it was fine. They realized I wasn’t a threat to the nation and let me go.

We had lunch at the Jolly Pumpkin. Joe got the carnivore pizza while Emily and I split the fried chicken sandwich. It was very good. I missed the photo opportunity to show you so you'll have to take my word.

IMG_5244.JPG

IMG_5245.JPG

Little bags for little people, who am I kidding there was no room for souvenirs, should’ve listened to @Darstarr. We did contemplate paying for a checked or carry-on bag and putting all our stuff into one suitcase but decided not too. It was a challenge to get clothes and toiletries into that small bag, plus an extra pair of shoes!

IMG_5249.JPG

47587647-975B-46AD-A50F-0EA1DD5AEA79.jpeg

IMG_5246.JPG

IMG_5247.JPG

IMG_5253.JPG

Flight was smooth and there was no excitement on the airplane like you're always hearing about on the news. We walked right to ME since we didn't have to mess with any baggage and was actually surprised, not sure why, when I saw the long line for ME

IMG_5256.JPG

Last edited:

LeighM

Enjoyed your trip report. I hope our 3 night December trip is just as much fun. We're skipping checked baggage this time as well and I'm already thinking of what to pack to fit into my personal bag (huge backpack from LeSportsac that fits easily under the seats) and a little carry on bag for the overhead. Not going to lie - I'm stressin :)

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I guess I have to apologize to my wife, she always opts out of Dinosaur. "It kills my back!"
I have a bad back myself and I have never had an issue, so I am selfishly always saying "come on don't be a wuss!!"
Again that's me being selfish, I want to be the whole family in on the fun together.
I just have to think about how much I stay away from the teacups....or any spinners for that matter....blech...:hungover:

In other news....I have to find this lounge. I didn't even know it existed. On my May 2022 bucket list!

Following along.
Have your wife go start on drinks while you take a ride on Dinosaur. It's a side door left of the main entrance of Restaurantosaurus. There wasn't a sign or anything out. I'm guessing they were just opening when Joe found it.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
ZaZa's. MY FAVORITE. I love the Cuban breakfast sandwich. I usually buy two and pack one away to take home.
I love your final pics of leaving. It captured what everyone goes through. We're the same way for the return trip home. We're usually waking up by 2:30 AM, and we're trying to be at MCO for 4:00 AM to catch a 6:00 AM flight back to PA. It's always a bitter feeling that the trip has come to an end, but you know you'll be back soon.
Can you believe I actually almost went to Wendy's for breakfast instead of ZaZa's. So glad I made the right decision. It was so good.

You would've thought those pictures I took walking to ME would've made me very sad but it was so peaceful and just gave me all the feels. I'm ready to go back :inlove:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Enjoyed your trip report. I hope our 3 night December trip is just as much fun. We're skipping checked baggage this time as well and I'm already thinking of what to pack to fit into my personal bag (huge backpack from LeSportsac that fits easily under the seats) and a little carry on bag for the overhead. Not going to lie - I'm stressin :)
I was a little stressed at first but I really had everything I needed. We packed two days worth of clothes, bathing suit, an extra set of unmentionables and an extra pair of shoes. Not to gross anyone out but our departure day I just wore what I wore on our arrival day since all I really did was wear it sitting in the car and the airport for most of the day. I didn't pack any shampoo, conditioner, or soap since I knew the resorts had it. I will say I did miss my conditioner. I didn't care for what was in the room. The only thing I didn't like was that I had no room left for any souvenirs. I missed not buying a new Disney mug.

I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear about your trip!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
View attachment 593204

Maybe the coleslaw lacked flavour because the side was actually baked beans!!!!

Max
Max, how do you catch some of things you do!!! This is too funny though. I'm guessing he was holding the slaw or who knows what happened to it :hilarious:

Home Run Sport GIF by MLB

You are the batter (enjoying the trip)

I am the pitcher ( wishing I had gone on the trip with you)

Great report as always
Thanks for sharing

Max

Always enjoy the banter Max. Thanks for reading.

cgersic

I love the spontaneity of the trip and the great report and pictures! I wasn't planning on going back this year, but that may have to be rethunk after reading about everyone's fun!

Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Have your wife go start on drinks while you take a ride on Dinosaur. It's a side door left of the main entrance of Restaurantosaurus. There wasn't a sign or anything out. I'm guessing they were just opening when Joe found it.
I am a planner and I LIKE making plans. I LOVE this plan. :D

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I love the spontaneity of the trip and the great report and pictures! I wasn't planning on going back this year, but that may have to be rethunk after reading about everyone's fun!

Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor
Do! I never thought I'd to a last minute quick trip. I'm expecting a trip report soon :p

I am a planner and I LIKE making plans. I LOVE this plan. :D
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Originals

I'm expecting to hear about it in your report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom