In room snacks/non perishable

alexaveryq

It really depends on if you're flying or driving. We drive, and so most everything "travels" well. We take everything from canned drinks and bottled water to fresh fruit to any boxed/bagged snacks (granola bars, cereal, chips, cookies, etc.), and it all makes it there just fine (our trip is only about 8 hours). However, if you're flying, I would think that's a whole separate issue.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Goldfish, peanut butter crackers, pretzel packs, granola bars, mini pringles, juice boxes, raisins...just about any snack that you would keep at home.
We usually go to BJ's and see what they have just before our trip. :lol:

Upvote 0

JenShelby

:slurp: We usually request a small fridge in our room, but non fridge items are bread, peanut butter, chips, pringles, pretzles, doritos, cookies, cereal, crackers, fruit, applesauce in the small disposable containers, water bottles, canned drinks, granola bars, gummy snacks, candy, slim jims, peanuts, pop tarts, dougnuts.

I usually overpack

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

Since our fruits and veggies tends to take a dive when we're at WDW, I bring dried apricots and mangos in addition to the standard granola bars, milk&cereal bars and fruit gummies. I also bring some of cereals in individual serving containers, not the old fashioned boxes but the newer cup/bowl shaped plastic containers.

Most of this can stand crushing OK, but I pack all of it into a shoebox just to have an extra measure of security...

Upvote 0

mickey&me

My 7yo son is type 1 diabetic and must eat carb-controlled portions every few hours. We bring Handi-Snaks (peanut butter dip, cheese dip, and apple dip), 100 calorie packs of all kinds (goldfish, Lorna Doones, and chhez-its are his favorites), individual pringles packs, peanut butter crackers, cheese crackers, granola bars. We also bring beef jerky (like Slim Jims) which are carb-free, and rolls of Life Savers for when we need a sugary pick-me-up. With a diabetic, there's not always time to get a Coke or something where there could be a line.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

My 7yo son is type 1 diabetic and must eat carb-controlled portions every few hours. We bring Handi-Snaks (peanut butter dip, cheese dip, and apple dip), 100 calorie packs of all kinds (goldfish, Lorna Doones, and chhez-its are his favorites), individual pringles packs, peanut butter crackers, cheese crackers, granola bars. We also bring beef jerky (like Slim Jims) which are carb-free, and rolls of Life Savers for when we need a sugary pick-me-up. With a diabetic, there's not always time to get a Coke or something where there could be a line.

I'm a type 2 but I think your last sentence hit the nail on the head. The extra exercise/stress of a WDW trip can cause big fluctuations in blood sugars and believe me, people will not let you go to the front of the line. Peanut butter crackers are best for me because they can double as a snack (3 cracker sandwiches) or a quick meal (all 6 sandwiches). Adequate fluids are a must too so I always have a water bottle or two with me.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

What I meant was that with all the food etc some of you take, goodness knows how much other stuff you need. A regular sized vehicle wouldn't be much good:shrug:

You don't bring cases upon cases of things and everything is basically individually packed (open up box, empty packs and throw away the carton). I put all the snacks in a tote bag like this & I use it as a carry on when we fly, but most of the time we drive and it takes up very little room so no, we don't need an over sized vehicle to transport it all.. Many people stop and pick these things up at the grocery before they check in.

Upvote 0
You don't bring cases upon cases of things and everything is basically individually packed (open up box, empty packs and throw away the carton). I put all the snacks in a tote bag like this & I use it as a carry on when we fly, but most of the time we drive and it takes up very little room so no, we don't need an over sized vehicle to transport it all.. Many people stop and pick these things up at the grocery before they check in.

We do this with our stuff in the car. It works great and saves you room.

Upvote 0

mickey&me

I'm a type 2 but I think your last sentence hit the nail on the head. The extra exercise/stress of a WDW trip can cause big fluctuations in blood sugars and believe me, people will not let you go to the front of the line. Peanut butter crackers are best for me because they can double as a snack (3 cracker sandwiches) or a quick meal (all 6 sandwiches). Adequate fluids are a must too so I always have a water bottle or two with me.

CMs in most restaurants are pretty good to us b/c he's a "cute little kid" and some people have been very thoughtful as well. The only thing that really bothers me is that when my hubby or I ask about the carb counts in foods, some people look at us like we have two heads or something. I even had one person try tell me that I had no business putting my son "on a diet" at his age. I bit my tongue til it bled so that I said nothing worse than, "You raise kids when you have 'em and let me deal with mine" b/c it was really non of her business anyway.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom