In-Room Pizza Delivery

tshenigo

I would like to know how much a pizza delivery to your room costs. For example, we will be staying at Coronado Springs. How much would a large pepperoni pizza cost compared to ordering the same thing at the Pepper Market? Is there a standard room delivery fee? Or is it pro-rated based on the amount of the order? I know that the Pepper Market charges a little extra for service although you are ordering from a counter. I was curious to see how much money I could save ordering a pizza that I could pick up verse having it delivered to my room.

Thanks.
Terri Shenigo

Scooter

Pick it up yourself. The delivery charges at WDW resorts are astronomical.

The pizza may only be 15 dollars or so but there is so many added on charges that it's rediculous. 10% sales tax, a room service delivery charge of like 5 bucks AND they charge 20% gratuity fee for each order.

These are just guestimates but you get the idea. :(

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Scooter
Pick it up yourself. The delivery charges at WDW resorts are astronomical.

The pizza may only be 15 dollars or so but there is so many added on charges that it's rediculous. 10% sales tax, a room service delivery charge of like 5 bucks AND they charge 20% gratuity fee for each order.

These are just guestimates but you get the idea. :(

Yeah gotta agres with scooter. Just pick it up! Order when u get off the bus ad just hang around in the gift shop or something and then go get it. Pizza is real good. :)

Upvote 0

tshenigo

Original Poster
Pizza

Thanks for the warning! My husband would probably pass out from sticker shock. It certainly is worth the walk to save at least five bucks to me.

Terri

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Re: Pizza

Originally posted by tshenigo
Thanks for the warning! My husband would probably pass out from sticker shock. It certainly is worth the walk to save at least five bucks to me.

Terri

Now since you saved all the money. U can share it with the rest of us. ;)

Upvote 0

Scooter

Yea...Now let's see....

15 dollar pizza
+ $1.50 Tax (10%)
+ $5.00 Room delivery
+ $3.00 Gratuity (20%)

We saved you $9.50 !!!

You can send us a check or buy us 4 beers at the ESPN club.
See you there!!
;) :D

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Re: Pizza

Originally posted by tshenigo
After a full day at Disney, I think I might need those 4 beers for myself!

Thanks for the input.

Terri

You could at least leave me one beer at the doorstep of my room! :p

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

ok, i gotta post on this one! being the non-conformist wannabe that i am, i'm gonna contradict what everyone else is saying...there's just something about a pizza being delivered specially for you that's just ultra special! for some reason, i guess my parents don't really care about the cost. i mean, sure, if you get a pizza delivered every night, the cost really adds up...but if you don't order one but every now and then, then i say heck, you're on vacation..splurge a little! i guess really it's just a personal preference. if you don't mind the extra miles on your shoes, then go for picking it up. but if your like me, and your feet are already hurting bad enough as it is from a long day in the parks, spend a little extra cash and go for delivery.

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

I'm with Dizknee Phreek on this one the money you spend getting to the World means that a Pizza to the door pales into insignficance. Our kids liked nothing better than, coming back to the room totally wacked from their day at the parks, snuggling into bed watching toondisney eating buffalo wings, garlic bread and pizza. The bill didn't seem as bad once we'd drank the alcoholic bevarges that where delivered to the door also. Look at is as a themed restaurant meal and somehow the price doesn't seem to bad;)

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

Dis_Phreek where in Ky are you from?

western KY. i live near a town called Central City. what part are you from?

btw, i was only kidding about the alcoholic beverage thing! i'm underage (which sometimes doesn't really mean anything anymore, does it?) besides, my family and i aren't alcohol drinking people! just thought i'd let you all know that before you figured up my age from my profile! ;)

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek

western KY. i live near a town called Central City. what part are you from?

btw, i was only kidding about the alcoholic beverage thing! i'm underage (which sometimes doesn't really mean anything anymore, does it?) besides, my family and i aren't alcohol drinking people! just thought i'd let you all know that before you figured up my age from my profile! ;)

I'm in western Ky as well! Calloway County to be exact! :)

Upvote 0

Debbie

we always bring a couple cases of beer when we stay at the Polynesian. and ice it up real good before we head out to the parks. We've never tried the pizza gig though it goes great with beer!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom