In room Celebrations?

Mongomil

Was wondering if anyone has done them from the Disney Floral & Gifts? I was thinking of doing the "From Mickey and Minnie with Love" package. I have called and got all the info just really wondering if anyone has done it themself and how they liked it?

Bowler Hat Girl

I did an in-room celebration for my sister's birthday last year. Overall, it was really cool, but we had some timing issues. Her birthday was the last full day of our trip, and we were spending the day at MK till our dinner reservations at Cali Grill. The woman I talked to at Disney Floral said they usually delivered to the Contemporary in the early afternoon, which I thought was perfect. Then, after our day at MK, there was nothing there. We went to dinner, and I was able to stall her for awhile as we spent a good hour doing our last-minute shopping. We got back up to the room sometime close to 8:00, and there was still no in-room celebration surprise. Sometime just before 9:00 that night, it arrived. It was still a surprise, but my sis didn't get to enjoy it in WDW for very long. However, there's a fairly large stuffed Mickey that serves as a special memento of that trip now. :)

So, I would definitely recommend doing an in-room celebration, but make sure you do it earlier in the trip than I did so you have more time to enjoy it there!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

we've used them many times and there has never been a problem. We usually send an insulated tote filled with goodies (found in Our Unique designs section) and everyone has loved the filling as well as the bag. We always have it delivered on the first day of the trip and it has always been in their room when they arrived back from the park.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

we have used it for our kids surprise bday trip in february and a welcome when we did our trip this past summer. we were very happy (and so were they) with what each package had. my wife did all of the orders. it made for a great entrance to the room!!!

Upvote 0

gnuts0306

i bring my own stuff from home and get my dd out of the room one morning before myself...set it all up and its a great surprise when we get back to the room...last year was a BOLT theme for Valentines Day, this year is an Alice In Wonderland theme because that is what she will be going as for MNSSHP! Plus, its ALOT cheaper to bring your own stuff!!

Upvote 0

GoochDSA

Keep in mind that the From Mickey and Minnie with Love don't work like some of the other packages that have been mentioned. I have talked to Disney Florist about that package and they will rarely do it on your check-in day just incase your room has to be changed for whatever reason. Afterall, for $300 it would be a shame to spend the money on the flowers and confetti only to have to leave it behind.

Upvote 0

RobnRachal

We did one for my husbands family December 2009. I forget what it was called, but it included the personalized tote full of goodies. Plus we had them do gift cards for each member with a special note and a balloon. They were thrilled with it!! I would have liked to see it all set up but we missed that part.
We were meeting them at Pop (we'd just been on DCL :D for our anniversary) but there was a snow storm and their flight was cancelled. I called the front desk and asked about the deliver and she said that they knew about it and it was all taken care of. (Meaning it wouldn't be in the room until they had checked in)
We were very pleased with the whole experience and would use them again without hesitation.

Upvote 0

kjdean49

I have scheduled the Honor Your Hero celebration for my husband's retirement. The lady I spoke to was so helpful and seemed so enthusiastic. Can't wait to see it! Has anyone ever done this one before?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom