In MK right now

PolynesianPrincess

We are here now too. I honestly think that any day without a party is busy because folks don't want to deal with having to leave the parks early on party day, especially if they don't have a park hopper. Since last night was a party and tomorrow is a party, everyone is there today. Looks like it might rain here in a bit...maybe that will clear some folks out.

We went to MK on a party day last year and the park was DEAD! We walked onto Splash Mountain at 1pm and it was a HOT day. We were also there earlier in Sept (12-15) and I know crowds start to pick up at the end of Sept with F&W and also the Tower of Terror 10 Miler. 2 years ago we went late Sept as we were running the race and the parks were pretty crowded. Not Christmas week crowded, but more crowded than early Sept for sure.

harveyt0206

We went to MK on a party day last year and the park was DEAD! We walked onto Splash Mountain at 1pm and it was a HOT day. We were also there earlier in Sept (12-15) and I know crowds start to pick up at the end of Sept with F&W and also the Tower of Terror 10 Miler. 2 years ago we went late Sept as we were running the race and the parks were pretty crowded. Not Christmas week crowded, but more crowded than early Sept for sure.

It has been pretty crowded this week for sure. We always hit the MK on party days...but we also have a park hopper, so that helps. We were in MK yesterday, which was a party day and it was wonderful. Low waits for most everything. Space Mountain and Big Thunder were both at 20 minutes mid day. It did pour the rain from 4:00 until a little after 7:00 (poured! Buckets and buckets), but every ride was walk on. We did Mansion with only one other couple with us in the portrait room. I hate getting soaking wet, but man can you get a lot done if you throw on a poncho and go.

CamiCan

There just seems to be no more "slow" times anymore because there are always so many "special" events! Plus, for some reason, people are taking vacations any time they want to now it seems no matter what!:eek:

DLR is never really crowded on off-season weekdays (September, early November, early December, January, May (October many schools have fall break for a week so can be semi-crowded). Seems that if people are going to make a whole vacation out of WDW, they want to do it off season (even if it means pulling their kids out of school as we saw many school-age kids) making the parks more crowded defeating the purpose of going during "non-peak" times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom