News Improvements coming to Walt Disney World lost and found

KBLovedDisney

Anytime a company hires a third party to do a job that’s needed within your company you end up losing control of that operation.
You also lose the quality that you are known by. I’ve noticed the housekeeping at Disney was subpar the last few years, I found out last year that was subcontracted out.
The more and more they do this the less Disney will be Disney. All about saving money and getting profits up.
This lost and found system is a great idea doing it online but not in the hands of another company. The airports and airlines do that already. They sell your stuff if no one claims it.
I thought most of the Disney parks consisted of third party companies, especially a lot of the kiosks...

peter11435

Anytime a company hires a third party to do a job that’s needed within your company you end up losing control of that operation.
You also lose the quality that you are known by. I’ve noticed the housekeeping at Disney was subpar the last few years, I found out last year that was subcontracted out.
The more and more they do this the less Disney will be Disney. All about saving money and getting profits up.
This lost and found system is a great idea doing it online but not in the hands of another company. The airports and airlines do that already. They sell your stuff if no one claims it.

Housekeeping itself has not been subcontracted. Housekeepers are still Disney cast members.

Wegerter

Neither Housekeeping nor Lost and Found has been outsourced. It’s been brought online and still operated by Disney CMs. If you need to pick up an item person, Disney Springs Guest Relations is the new Central Lost and Found for Parks, water parks, ESPN WWS, and DS.

draybook

Do they complete walkthroughs on rides every night for lost items? Our 8 month old dropped his bottle over the side of the vehicle on our descent down Spaceship Earth and I filed a claim yesterday around 5 pm. Very interested to see how well this system works.

peter11435

Do they complete walkthroughs on rides every night for lost items? Our 8 month old dropped his bottle over the side of the vehicle on our descent down Spaceship Earth and I filed a claim yesterday around 5 pm. Very interested to see how well this system works.

They do. But depending on where it was dropped some areas may not be easily accessible.

Also some types of items are not kept.

Monorail_Red_77

So, the signs being blanked out is a good thing. Points to it being repurposed like mention earlier in thread. Pics from Monday night 5/28
E6A68352-2793-4A61-B4AB-DE6500E5F898.jpeg
98F1A2B7-D053-435C-A04F-8E1A0F876C37.jpeg
AB52C4A3-F3D5-416B-9B46-D0060C692A38.jpeg

Lost and Found is still 100% run by Disney and Disney CM's. This new thing is just a computer system provided to Disney for free that allows them to streamline the process and provide more options to guests.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180602-220919_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180602-220919_Chrome.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 248

Bolt

You typically shouldn’t get that back. Things like that and pacifiers had to be thrown away since Disney didn’t want the responsibility of giving you something back that would go in someone’s mouth due to the cleanliness of the area an item was retrieved.

draybook

You typically shouldn’t get that back. Things like that and pacifiers had to be thrown away since Disney didn’t want the responsibility of giving you something back that would go in someone’s mouth due to the cleanliness of the area an item was retrieved.

Kind of ironic, given that they'll pack everyone into the monorails like sardines, with sniffly noses and hacking coughs.

draybook

I always try to keep strange people on the monorail out of my mouth.

Well, when they have you packed in there nuts to butts, they don't have to be in your mouth to spread germs when they cough. I can post some links about how diseases transmit if you'd like?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom