News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

tissandtully

img_4310.png

Though I suspect that such an item in MY bag might raise more questions than answers. 🤣

Have you SEEN what they've done to Epcot? Jeez. Though walking is certainly better than a tram these days.
At least when you walk from parking to Epcot entrance you are at the park you want to go to...

Thebolt

It would be good if the new layout makes it feel like you have arrived at MK at that point, and you are now inside the magic from that point.
Maybe a food outlet with soda, popcorn, cookies etc, a DVC booth ;-), fastpass terminals etc. ?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, April 25, 2019. The original tram area at Epcot's entrance is walled off and the landscaping in the center island has been removed. All the metal dividing bars in the waiting area (under the monorail exit ramp) have been cut off at concrete level.

IMG_1271.JPG

The tram pick up area in the Epcot parking lot is near the first row of parking beyond the green fence in the background below, quite a distance from the entrance. This monorail view shows the original tram driveway is walled off and marked for underground utilities.

IMG_1274.JPG

At the Ticket and Transportation Center....here is the monorail view of the Magic Kingdom parking lot with the temporary villians tram turnaround area. As you can see, all trams load and unload here, with people walking under the road bridge to get to the TTC.
Recommendation when leaving the TTC to your car: Instead of walking forward to the old tram loading area, which is where the signs point, go left to the south end of the security area near the retail store and use the original walking exit next to the retail store. Much shorter distance, especially after walking in the park all day.

IMG_1278.JPG

Behind he construction wall at TTC, the metal divider poles at the tram loading area are gone, with only the painted white lines on the ground remaining.

IMG_1279.JPG

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Regarding signage, one of the biggest improvements would be overhead signs for anything of merit as opposed to the temporary sandwich board signs sat on the floor that you can’t see in a crowd of more than half a dozen.
A museum I frequent has just (in the last 2 years) added a ton of overhead signs. They've reduced the question count by about half, but added to the question queue where the signs are confusing. One of the main issues -- there's so much to see at ground level, it's very hard to get people to look up at the exhibits hanging from the ceiling, much less get them to look at signs.

TL;DR: people don't read signs, listen to announcements, or use common sense in venues like theme parks and museums.

Kman101

Once again, while annoying to walk further, I'm very very glad to see this all finally being done. I've been wanting to see improvements to the entrances for quite a long time. It all looked ... tired. It's time. It does seem a bit "all in" though, basically all four parks undergoing construction to improve their entrances. I didn't think they'd be doing them all at once, basically, but good on them for clearly wanting this done. How long are all of these projects? Do we have guesstimates? Dates?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm happy that they've done away with the double monorail screening between MK and Epcot since they've pushed out the security perimeter beyond the Epcot station.

I'm happy that they've done away with the double monorail screening between MK and Epcot since they've pushed out the security perimeter beyond the Epcot station.
This is likely part of the plan, but it's not in effect at the moment. In fact, the current wall situation requires you go to through security just to get from the Epcot bus/monorail to the east parking lots.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
This is likely part of the plan, but it's not in effect at the moment. In fact, the current wall situation requires you go to through security just to get from the Epcot bus/monorail to the east parking lots.
From Epcot to magic Kingdom there was no additional screen yesterday. Magic Kingdom to Epcot yes, but since the parking lot does drop off there it's just a few seconds.

From Epcot to magic Kingdom there was no additional screen yesterday. Magic Kingdom to Epcot yes, but since the parking lot does drop off there it's just a few seconds.
From Epcot to Magic Kingdom there's been no double screening since April 2017 when most of the MK security checks were moved to the TTC. But they've yet to extend the Epcot security perimeter to include the monorail exit.

TrainsOfDisney

Just a few seconds? Yeah it’s just a few seconds to walk from the monorail to security, it can be several minutes to get through security though! Ha.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom