Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

tcool123

Original Poster
Although only eight people signed up, we will continue as usual :D So without further ado the first part of episode 2!

Episode 2 Part 1 -
E.P.F.O.T

We are currently on board an elevator, where you, the imagineer, will need to present to me an elevator pitch for a brand new ride at Epcot. What type of ride exactly? Well a flat ride for any existing pavilion! :D

Your pitch must be one to two sentences long. Anything besides those two sentences shall not be tolerated, and will result in an immediate lost of the part. Lastly, the challenge will be due Tuesday, 5/24 at 8:00 PM.

Best of luck to you Imagineers :D

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
I may be out of commission for the weekend so I'll get it done now (also why I did the mini challenge for house cup just now :p)

Keeping with the classic band theme, i would like to pitch a Sargent Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band flat ride for the United Kingdom Pavilion. This colorful labyrinth of a flat ride will use technology from Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and be located in an expanded plot towards the western side of the pavilion, offering guests a swirvy and whimsical attraction swaying to the songs from one of The Beatles most famous albums.

tcool123

Original Poster
Season Storms
cool-4-seasons-spring-summer-autumn-winter.jpg

Coming soon in 2018 is a new attraction that will replace Circle of Life, called ( as mentioned in the title above) Season Storms. The ride system is the same as Tokyo Disneyland's Baymax's Whip ride. The theming of the ride will; of course; be the four seasons; spring, summer, autumn, and winter; the queue will be interactive murals and interesting facts about the four seasons, and the ride vehicles will be unique because they change color and pattern to fit a certain season when the lighting changes, and the ride itself will have special effects so guests can feel the temperature drop or climb( don't worry, the temperature will be controlled by monitors that turn off when something goes wrong), feel the precipitation and wind, and will have randomized systems so that riders can emerge in environments that are completely affected by the seasons.

And I'm very sorry that I had one sentence longer than the other, but I did get you sentences about the new ride though; and no, this is not part of the ride summary.
..In the post I kinda said no pictures of any kind. And the max of the sentences is two. Just letting you know in advance because as it currently stands this would lose simply for breaking two rules.

michmousefan

Leaps and Bounds
Constructed on the site of the former Magic Eye Theater, Leaps and Bounds will bring a fun, new, and colorful attraction to the Imagination Pavilion. Climb aboard a "thought bubble" with a friend and buckle in as your ride vehicle bounces up, down and forward in a series of circles (think of it as a Dumbo-style ride with significantly faster changes in elevation) while a continually-changing color light show (especially beautiful at night) displays in the ride vehicle's translucent canopy above your head.

tcool123

Original Poster
Attention Imagineers you have less than three hours to complete this part! If you see your username below it means you have not submitted anything.
@unkadug
@IAmNotAHufflepuff
@RMichael21
@disneydf
@Matt7187

Furthermore if you see your username below it means that as your project stands it will be eliminated.
@Jack Pumpkinhead

Also if anyone still wishes to join we have up to four vacant spots, and all you have to do is submit a one to two sentence proposal for this part.

That is all Imagineers, and I can't wait to see what you all come up with by the due date. :D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
A new attraction for the German Pavilion will feature the classic Willy Wonka / Charlie films taking you aboard a boat on a chocolate river, including the eerie psychedelic boat ride of the original film, for a tour of the magical candy factory.

The attraction will culminate with your boat transforming into a "Wonkavator" where, through "Disney" magic, you end up flying high above Epcot looking down on Walt Disney World on a huge IMAX dome screen.

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
A new attraction for the German Pavilion will feature the classic Willy Wonka / Charlie films taking you aboard a boat on a chocolate river ,including the eerie psychedelic boat ride of the original film, for a tour of the magical candy factory.

The attraction will culminate with you boat transforming into a "Wonkavator" where, through "Disney" magic, you end up flying high above Epcot looking down on Walt Disney World on a huge IMAX dome screen.
While I would love a Wonka ride the challenge was a new flat ride not a boat ride

In case you dont know any flat rides here's a list of some :
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amusement_rides
Sorry if it wasnt clear in the original challenge:oops:

unkadug

So, I've been thinking of ideas and what do you mean exactly by elevator? Like another tower of terror with a different theme?
The elevator is just the setup for the challenge. He was explaining how the challenge came to be.

As I understand it the attraction needs to be a spinner type attraction or something similar.

Flat rides are usually considered to be those that move their passengers in a plane generally parallel to the ground, such as rides that spin around a vertical axis, like carousels and twists, and ground level rides such as bumper cars and The Whip.[1][2]
This certainly is a challenge as I don't really care for such midway type attractions.

unkadug

England Pavilion Mary Poppins Carousel

Mary Poppins finally gets her, long overdue, own attraction in the England Pavilion with her very own Carousel.

Complete with replicas of the Horse Conveyances straight out of the movie along with an animatronic Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Band providing the carousel music, the theming is pure Mary Poppins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom