Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Daveeeeed

Well I would like to say -- thanks, to all of you!! This community is what is able to keep the Imagination alive. And if it weren't for all of you, we wouldn't be able to celebrate the magic:happy:. Thank you all for a wonderful episode, and I hope you all had as much fun as I did hosting my first competition.

And without further ado... the in-depth reviews TO THE FINALE! will be posted back to back over he next half-hour:).

spacemt354

Chili's
Well I would like to say -- thanks, to all of you!! This community is what is able to keep the Imagination alive. And if it weren't for all of you, we wouldn't be able to celebrate the magic:happy:. Thank you all for a wonderful episode, and I hope you all had as much fun as I did hosting my first competition.

And without further ado... the in-depth reviews TO THE FINALE! will be posted back to back over he next half-hour:).
Thank You, David!

You were fantastic in your first hosting job -- you should be very proud! Can't wait to see the results of the finale!

Daveeeeed

The Lonely Mountain

1231ebfed3dd710e34c843530ac3a0ad.jpg

In an impressive turn of events, OLC and Disney are able to purchase the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit franchises from the Tolkien family - and decided to make their major acquisition a formidable presence in Tokyo DisneySEA. Replacing Journey to the Center of the Earth will be...the Desolation of Smaug.

In it, a roaring rollercoaster through the lonely mountain and Smaug's gold room on a flying floorless coaster as Bilbo and others attempt to fight off the mighty dragon.

The surrounding area will also have attractions dedicated to Lord of the Rings.​

Disney's counter to Wizards and flying cars! Disney honestly should have acquired this already. Now this is something I feel would be incredible for the park, even without altering much of what's currently around the (in this comp, replaced) Mysterious Island. The ride I think would be insanely good, and it seems to tread the water of Escape from Gringotts; though, hopefully with more sets. With all of the fans out there, this would definitely be a monster hit, and to seal the deal the movies are actually very good with an epic film, and soundtrack -- seems like it was made for a land! Thank you for opening the finale with such a fine idea. Well done Space:)!!!

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Atlas Peak
1. The new centerpiece of Disney Sea will be Atlas Peak, a mountain with a large, actually slowly rotating globe embedded in its peak and a large carving of Atlas carved on its rocky side.
82291f3020c202746996cdf5d0a437df.jpg
2. Atlas Peak will represent the spirit of adventure, discovery, and exploration that permeates Disney Sea.

3. The mysterious Island will remain mostly unchanged (Other than renaming to Atlas Peak), but the 20,000 leagues under the sea courtyard that is currently surrounded by rocks will now be enclosed in cave (Nicknamed Nautilus Cove) as the base of the mountain is expanded.

4. Above nautilus cove and also encased in the newly expanded mountain base will be Soarin' Over the Horizon as a new (to this park) attraction!

JbztyhH.jpg
5. A nighttime spectacular show (best viewed from a new seating area built along the lake in Mediterranean Harbor, but at least partially visible from most of the park) will happen centered around Atlas Peak telling the history of exploration and great/exciting moments in exploration/discovery featuring state of the art projections on the globe and the mountain; fireworks; large scale puppets, props, and balloon floats above the plateau area above Soarin'/Nautilus Cove; and drones that will light up the sky and form constellations to represent the next stage of exploration, the final frontier, in the exciting finale.

H1. For Christmas, the nightime show becomes a celebration of the spirit of the season with a loose framing narrative of Santa's flight around the world.

H2. For the annual Pikachu Parade Pokemon Festival, the globe will be turned into a Poke-ball that night (as well as having the ability to turn into almost anything large and round for festivals and celebrations such as the death star for new star wars movies)
This is a very cool and creative idea; the park is already themed to different ports of call from around the world. From The Middle East to The Center of The Earth: it's covered! So a job was well done in bringing the park with a cohesive theme. It might not be the most realistic looking backdrop already to the park itself, but it would be a great icon like Spaceship Earth to Epcot.
I liked what you did for the night shows/holidays, not to mention the Santa's Flight would be interesting to watch. Overall a creative approach to bringing the whole world together, a great way to end the episode!

Daveeeeed

Discovery Pole
HomeSlider-Glacier-939x320.png

The entire area will be rethemed to an arctic research station, which allows for the attractions, Journey to the center of the Earth and 20000 leagues under the Sea, to be kept, with slight retheming needed.

TO BE EDITED

TISuYls.jpg
First thoughts are honesty, PLEASE don't let them add a certain Ice Castle to this!:D Thankfully you seem to have left that out:happy:. Now although super short, and you seem to have wanted to come back and edit this; the concept is very strong. I also like that you kept JTCOE & 20K. The coldest places are Earth are obviously the poles which are in the center of the extreme ends, so it is rather fitting to be the center of this park. Props to you for turning it in early even though you didn't finish it!.

Daveeeeed

The Gnomon
02mantar_feresten.jpg
When adventurers from the Society of Explorers and Adventurers came across a free-floating island, they discovered a series of abandoned buildings and once they climbed to the top of the tallest one and looked down, they were amazed to find that they were standing at the peak of a giant sundial compass called the Gnomon; marveling at their discovery, they quickly chained the island (guests can see where the hooks have embedded into the ground) to the mainland and to this day, fellow S.E.A. members have tried to discover this mysterious island’s secrets, including this amazing structure that can be seen all across Tokyo Sea.

This reinvigorated area is populated by archeologists lead by Dr. Art E. Fackt, astronomers mentored by Dr. Celeste Zenith, and marine scientists headed by leading sailing expert and navigator, Mr. Andrew A. Shore (junior members of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers) who will engage guests in streetmosphere shows, but beware these intellectuals have built up their own theories as to the origin and purpose of the buildings and will try to convert guests over to their side in their passive aggressive war, even inducting guests as pseudo members, giving “secret” missions to spy on the other camps, all in an effort to gain the largest following, but strangely enough, there is a smaller, often over-looked camp championed by a weird little man who believes aliens are responsible.

The two most popular rides have been rethemed to the exploration of this island, each by a leading team member of different theory: 20,000 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea will be re-tooled into The Unnatural World of the Deep, exploring the underside of the island and the wildlife that make their homes in the caves lining the bottom of the island and Journey to the Center of the Earth has been overhauled into Dig Down, where guests journey with Mr. Shore as he tunnels through the island in his quest to prove his theory that the island is, in fact, a giant ship that the previous inhabitant used to sail around the world because why else would there be a giant compass.

The main attraction, Soaring With The Stars, is 3 D k-arm ride where, after journeying to the top of the sundial, guests enter into the observatory and are introduced to Dr. Celeste Zenith’s assistant, who informs them that they are just in time to witness the activation of some unknown mechanism that ends up taking guests through a simulated outer space, interacting with constellations (Leo constellation roars/takes a swipe at the passing guests, Orion shoots an arrow at Leo narrowly misses the guests, riding the water spilling out of Virgo’s pitcher, passing through Cancer’s claws), and witnessing a supernova.

This new take on a Mysterious Island will truly live up to the name as guests wander through the many buildings trying to decipher the hieroglyphic like language embedded into the walls, what happened to the previous inhabitants, and explore all of the interactive artifacts lying around; so strap on your boots, pick a side, and delve into the wonders of the Mysterious Island.
full

For the winter holiday, the individual theory camps will attempt to make nice for the holidays, including trying to resolve their differences, but it will usually end up in an all-out ridiculous and hilarious fight tempered with holiday cheer.

Around the Equinoxes, Dr. Celeste Zenith will host several night viewing parties filled with special space themed treats, and a new firework show, Beyond the Stars, to celebrate the beginnings of the longest and shortest days.
Oh boy, this was a long prompt:D. I really liked your incorporation of SEA, it really is a great concept that Disney criminally underuses, but thankfully they said they will further use it. Cool ideas to add onto Mysterious Island, I haven't personally been, but it honestly looks like the best land on Earth. I really liked the backstory, it would really add to the land, and nice additions and changes to the current land. nice job with the holidays, debates/tension always keep things interesting. I'm also glad you incorporated constellations, I feel like it would add an experience to the already epicly uniqeue park! From the language detail to the ruins a job well done!

Daveeeeed

Discovery Point
View attachment 178500

Discovery Point, the new icon and new name of Mysterious Island at Tokyo Disney Sea, will continue to push Verne and SEA inspiration, while allowing for other changes (such as the renaming of Port Discovery to Hydroport) ripple (;)) outwards, changing Tokyo Disney Sea.

The Peak itself if a grand, tall peak with brilliant waterfalls cascading downwards from a fountain atop, near a maginificent hot air balloon (not inflated like muppets, but full size) made fully fire and wind proof, beckoning explorers, as well as an homage to Around the World in 80 Days, as well as the retained Verne theme in Discovery Point.

Guests can embark on a unique, highly themed coaster adventure on the new Around the World in 80 Days ride inside of Discovery Point, replacing Journey to the Center of the Earth, which winds guests in their hot air balloons through magnificent chasms and over rivers, but beware as others in their flying contraptions try to stop you, and make you fall (which at one point you do with a vertical track drop).

At night, the baloon will come alive with projection mapping, making it a spinning globe, which (through magical moments) occasionally focuses in on one locale and shows what lies there, such as its people through the power of song, fire, and colored fountains.

Lastly, in a new nightime spectacular Discover-sea, the balloon will be used to project a compass rose, as the voyager on the harbor "sails" to the earth's four corners, all before we see him magically appear in the baloon basket which slowly begins to magically float upwards through water and lift effects, as it wavers in the air for the rest of the night, before being lowered once more.
Mmhhhm. Interesting choice to change the name of Mysterious Island, but you chose a good one to change it to. SEA like I've said in a previous post, is something that to me is a very cool concept, and I wish they would use it more. I'm glad you chose that, but in my opinion what I love about this is the icon. The coaster seems great, that vertical drop:D. btw Hydroport sounds awesome! Also, nice work on night show, it seem very cool, and like it's a must do experience!

Daveeeeed

~Dream Light Mountain~

Dream Light Mountain is the icon of Disney Sea. The mountain houses a state of the art gold mine coaster and dark ride combo that features brilliant gold and millions of stunning diamonds everywhere. The mountain is surrounded by beautiful pink and purple moss and flowers. Cable cars can transport guests up and down the mountain, as well.

2i7058i.jpg

~Dream Light Harbor & Village~

This quaint fishing village is nestled beside a harbor filled with dreams and beautiful lights. When you make a wish here, your dreams will come true. There are plenty of unique shops and eateries and entertainment during the day. But, at night is when the harbor and village transform into a spectacularly lit land of dreams and hope.

~Dream Light Christmas Spectacular~
auxcag.jpg

The Dream Light Mountain and Village puts on a Christmas light display and show with millions of dancing dream lights.

Have you been doing this for years just on a different account?:p;) Seriously you know what you are doing...great work! This land, the way I'm picturing it, is sort of like Pandora with its interactive bioluminescence right, just in a very different way?
Anyway, the Harbor and the fishing village would be awesome to explore (and hopefully would have tons of seafood:D). Oh, the triumphant return of the Osborne lights on steroids! I think it would be very cool to see. Again great work, you seem to be a natural, and what a way to close the Season!!! The cable cars were a great touch too!

Good luck everyone, may the odds be ever in your favor:happy:.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Prompt 10: FINALE - Season 2: Episode 4 - Results

Thank you all for this wonderful season!!! You all deserve medals!!!

In case you wondered, my 3 major points for judging are:
- Is it creative?
- Is it relevant?
- Is it realistic?

Now onto the rankings!!!

Honorable Mention...
img_4458-jpg.177552

@kmbmw777

DOUBLE Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

@Siren
@spacemt354

DOUBLE Silver Medal...
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@FigmentPigments for "The Gnomon"
@Magic Feather

Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

@Pionmycake for "Atlas Peak"

#MickeyAwardFINALE
vintage-disney-mickey-mouse-gold-movie-award-japan-7-statue-figure-figurine_142079733228-jpg.173154

There you go! Thank you All for a marvelous season!

Daveeeeed

STANDINGS - After Prompt 10: FINALE
@Poe Dameron
@MonorailRed
@spacemt354
HM - HM - Bronze
@Tony the Tigger HM - SPA
@Magic Feather Bronze - Silver - HM - HM - Bronze - Bronze - Silver
@Angels and Disney's Bronze - HM
@kmbmw777 Bronze - HM - Gold - Bronze - Silver - Bronze - HM
@CraniumCommand89
@tcool123
PPA - PPA
@michmousefan Silver
@SplashZander HM - Silver - Silver
@Brer Robbie
@FigmentPigments
Gold - Gold - Bronze - Silver - Bronze - Gold - Gold - Silver - Silver
@Pionmycake Silver - Gold - Gold - Bronze - Gold - Silver - HM - Gold - Gold
@wdwbaw

@Siren Ohana - Silver - Bronze
@invadersam Ohana

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

If you guys loved the One Sentence Competition, check out @IDInstitute's
The Creator Games: Project Revival
Coming This January!
2016-12-04.png

Coming January 1st 2017 will be a brand new installment of the exciting two-month Imagineering event of 2015. 16 hopeful Imagineers competed their way through 10 sessions of WDW challenges that tested their creative mindsets and produced some of the most fun and original concepts ever!

And now, it's back! In a trip that will cover the entire international Disney experience, many parks and resorts will be looked at with a new creative goal in mind- to rebuild, reimagine, recreate, and overall revive some of what once made them incredible, bringing some of the great original Disney spirit into a modern themed entertainment world.

So, for those who are up for one of the most exciting and fun Imagineering competitions ever, get ready!

Sign-Ups: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-creator-games-project-revival-coming-this-january.922898/
Infinity Brainstorm: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ival-infinity-brainstorm.922977/#post-7504173

Reserve your Fastpass now!:D

Daveeeeed

Sorry, @David2319 , I suspected this time of year may be too taxing for me to participate, even the "two sentence" structure, and it was. Retail in November/December is a @%&*!
I completely understand, it's been tough for me to review stuff as I am currently studying for finals -- going back and forth isn't easy. Since next year will start out slow for retail, maybe you would want to give @IDInstitute's Creator Games a shot? We'd love to see you there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom