Imagineering field guide to AK available in Canada

sophie_the_pooh

Original Poster
Hi!

I just wanted to share that the "Imagineering Field Guide to Animal Kingdom" is now available in Canada. I bought a copy this morning at an Indigo store in Montreal, I'm pretty sure you can also order it online on Chapters/Indigo's website. I didn't think it would be available this soon, now I get to read it before I leave for WDW this friday!!!:sohappy:

sophie_the_pooh

Original Poster
So....How is the book????

It's great! There's a lot of details on how the Imagineers developped ideas and concepts for every part of AK and most of the attractions and exhibits. When I read those field guides, I feel like I'm getting a personal behind the scene tour, I feel kind of part of the magic. I had a similar feeling working at Disneyland Paris, walking on Main Street after work, when the park was empty but the lights and the music were still on... What a wonderful feeling...:)

Captain Hank

I just picked up my copy yesterday. So far, I think this is my favorite out of the three available guides. I'm the least familiar with Animal Kingdom, so I'm learning a whole bunch of little details that I hadn't noticed before. For example, did you know that the decoration each shop and restaraunt in Discovery Island is based upon a specific group of animals? One is based on all underwater animals, anotehr is based on animals that move in groups. Flame Tree Barbecue is based on predator-prey relationships. Also, in the old queue for It's Tough to be a Bug (now the semi-secret path around the Tree of Life) there are little grooves chewed through the roots by some of the previous six-legged occupants. Every so often, they've chewed right through the wood. The resulting holes point directly towards some of the more unusual carvings in the Tree.

Definately worth the money. I'm bringing the book with me on my next trip to AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom