Imagineering Community Plaza - An Information Thread

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I just changed my profile picture to drumroll please

Drum

View attachment 770722
To a plushy version of me. Ain’t I cute, I was trying to find a picture where fozzie is with something orange but I couldn’t find anything so this is the best thing I can do.
I love that some of us changed our profiles to have oranges in it. Except me but I tried finding a picture so this is the best I can do. Also this brings a whole new meaning to New Year, New Me
The plushie looks great and has a nice warm tone that fits the vibe perfectly, but if you want I did whip this up real quick. I'd be happy to do the same for anyone else who wants it too
WLyAcK3.png

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
1709253957629.png

Is this seriously what they called the land. I have never heard of such an unimaginative name. Either way I do not have high hopes for this land, looks cheap and they trolls in the land so I already hate it.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
She's only been there since mid-2020 and upper management hasn't actually greenest anything since then that we know of. So, it's tough to say if this is good or bad news. The only project that is for sure happening that would've happened under her is the Country Bears update which is getting great buzz from insiders. Plus, she mightve been the one to up the budget for Tiana to make sure it lived up to Splash's legacy (which by all accounts it seems to be just as good if not WAY better from what they've shown though it's tough to fully judge till it's done).

Heck, I don't know if you can even call it an "era" since she was only there for 3.5 years and nothing major happened that wasn't at least in progress before she got there. I get the feeling this was just a cleaning house move for remaining Chapek hires

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
She's only been there since mid-2020 and upper management hasn't actually greenest anything since then that we know of. So, it's tough to say if this is good or bad news. The only project that is for sure happening that would've happened under her is the Country Bears update which is getting great buzz from insiders. Plus, she mightve been the one to up the budget for Tiana to make sure it lived up to Splash's legacy (which by all accounts it seems to be just as good if not WAY better from what they've shown though it's tough to fully judge till it's done).

Heck, I don't know if you can even call it an "era" since she was only there for 3.5 years and nothing major happened that wasn't at least in progress before she got there. I get the feeling this was just a cleaning house move for remaining Chapek hires
I feel like we need some context. So the company she previously worked for, which at first should be a red flag but anyway, she is probably the main reason with the detheming of the Disney resorts such as the boardwalk. With Bruce in charge I am optimistic, he has been with Disney of 25 years and has headed a lot of very promising projects at the parks in particular Disney World. Also I remain cautiously optimistic about the country bears reimagining, some of the old songs weren’t really the best (cough, cough, blood on the ground, cough, cough).

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I feel like we need some context. So the company she previously worked for, which at first should be a red flag but anyway, she is probably the main reason with the detheming of the Disney resorts such as the boardwalk. With Bruce in charge I am optimistic, he has been with Disney of 25 years and has headed a lot of very promising projects at the parks in particular Disney World. Also I remain cautiously optimistic about the country bears reimagining, some of the old songs weren’t really the best (cough, cough, blood on the ground, cough, cough).
That kind of "detheming" started well before 2020. The simple, modern design they've been using more and more with the increasingly subtle theming has been Disney's MO since at least 2015 with Disney Springs. not saying she is blameless of everything or whatever. But she really wasn't there long enough to have any real impact or legacy negatively or positively

That kind of "detheming" started well before 2020. The simple, modern design they've been using more and more with the increasingly subtle theming has been Disney's MO since at least 2015 with Disney Springs. not saying she is blameless of everything or whatever. But she really wasn't there long enough to have any real impact or legacy negatively or positively
The new guy though… will he fix the big mistakes?

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I’m sure of it. Anyway there seems to be a constant in the Disney timeline. Every 20 years of the company doing well, there is a decade of bad years. We are currently in the bad years for some time. Here’s the timeline.

1920-early 1930s: Good years

Late 1930s-early 1940s: Bad years

Late 1940s-early 70s: Good years (This is the big one)

Late 70s-late 80s: Bad years

90s: Good years

2000s: Bad years

2010-2019: Good years

2020-present day: Bad years

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
He's already been the CCO of Imagineering for a year so probably has had his hands on the Country Bears update and the blue sky stuff from D23 not that any of that is for sure happening. As far as I can tell he seems really solid, but he left in 2016 originally and that was before I was really following stuff that closely.

I’m sure of it. Anyway there seems to be a constant in the Disney timeline. Every 20 years of the company doing well, there is a decade of bad years. We are currently in the bad years for some time. Here’s the timeline.

1920-early 1930s: Good years

Late 1930s-early 1940s: Bad years

Late 1940s-early 70s: Good years (This is the big one)

Late 70s-late 80s: Bad years

90s: Good years

2000s: Bad years

2010-2019: Good years

2020-present day: Bad years
I'd say "Bad Years" might be a bit extreme considering Cosmic Rewind, Tron, Galaxys Edge, the Jungle Cruise updates, and Runaway Railway. I know the EPCOT hub took way too long and has more or a mixed reception, but aside from the lack of a fountain its pretty incredible and Journey of Water is basically just an excellent Communicore exhibit but outdoors. Not too mention how promising Tiana looks and the good buzz for Country Bears. Considering how little opened in 2010-2019 and how much what did open was mixed bags (Frozen Ever After, Ariels Undersea Adventure, Pixar Pier) I'd say that decade was worse than the one we're in now. But a lot of that is subjective

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
He's already been the CCO of Imagineering for a year so probably has had his hands on the Country Bears update and the blue sky stuff from D23 not that any of that is for sure happening. As far as I can tell he seems really solid, but he left in 2016 originally and that was before I was really following stuff that closely.

I'd say "Bad Years" might be a bit extreme considering Cosmic Rewind, Tron, Galaxys Edge, the Jungle Cruise updates, and Runaway Railway. I know the EPCOT hub took way too long and has more or a mixed reception, but aside from the lack of a fountain its pretty incredible and Journey of Water is basically just an excellent Communicore exhibit but outdoors. Not too mention how promising Tiana looks and the good buzz for Country Bears. Considering how little opened in 2010-2019 and how much what did open was mixed bags (Frozen Ever After, Ariels Undersea Adventure, Pixar Pier) I'd say that decade was worse than the one we're in now. But a lot of that is subjective
I don’t mean the parks only. I’m referring to the company as a whole.

tcool123

Original Poster
A reminder of what this thread is and what it aims to achieve :

Below you will find a directory to every competition that has occurred this year, as well as an index to go and discover previous years of Imagineering joy. In addition feel free to use this space as a way to announce new competitions and events, updates on personal projects, share any cool Imagineering stories you happen to cross

If you would like to discuss topics such as films, share opinions, and in general chat may I direct you to the Common Area:

The Imagineering Common Area
Looking for a place on the forum to strike up a conversation, share theme park news, geek out over the latest films, etc.? Well join us in the Imagineering Common Area! Here all are welcome to join the conversation and discuss whatever is on their mind. This is a great way to get to know other armchair imagineers, and a nice place to relax on the forum when events aren't occurring.

In addition feel free to utilize the Hype Thread for Citrus Dreamin as well as an additional place to converse.

Not in this thread as it takes away from the thread's purpose of being informative on news and happenings for THIS forum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom