Imagineer Forum News Center - Spotlights and Important Links! Updated 2021!

Skipper2

View attachment 419484
Starting now, the Thread of the Week will cover two weeks, to allow for more overall threads on the subforum. I was originally intending on posting this last Friday, but something came up, and I had to wait until now. Thanks for waiting!

This week's special thread goes to @Skipper2 for his great thread on Making the TTA Major League. This project began with a spark - what if the PeopleMover returned proper, what if it went around the entire park, and what if on this tour of the park you could eat food? And from there, it goes on to provide page upon page of detailed imagineering - all towards how this could logically be done. Recently, they have used Planet Coaster to show how it would work - not unlike how a real imagineer might use a 3D modeling program! Overall, this is a gold standard for attractions - adapting a great spark into a realistic yet fun project. Congratulations!

46331.jpg

Making the TTA (WEDway) Major League
---
Interested in nominating a future Thread of the Week?
Submit your Weekly Nomination Here!

And Until Next Time...
View attachment 419487
Cool and Thanks! :D

Outbound

Original Poster

This week's special thread goes to @MickeyMouse10 for their Beastly Kingdom 5th park thread! This thread is the product of many active brainstormers contributing to the overall design, guided by its original poster. NGL: I hadn't read this thread prior to its nomination this week. But after reading it through I found it was filled with life! I'm going to start being active in this thread.

129897.jpg

Beastly Kingdom 5th park!
---
Interested in nominating a future Thread of the Week?

Submit your Weekly Nomination Here!

And Until Next Time...

spacemt354

Chili's
49543092-685d-401e-a7fc-6c4a64e9c509-jpeg.496593

Fall 2020

Welcome back to the Imagineer Forum Newsletter! With much going on around the forum, this will not only be a recap of some of the top events of the past few weeks, but offer a sneak peak at the road ahead.

1600065477844-png.497700

As the houseguests enter Week 9, we are down the final 6 contestants as one of the top players in the game @D Hulk was shockingly eliminated in the last round. Now the houseguests must design a 2nd park in the Blue Sky Disney Resort.

You can keep up with the brainstorming here, and listen to the most recent review postcast for Week 8 here.

enhance

While @D Hulk might have been vanquished from his chance of another competition title, his personal Disneyland 3rd park project, DisneySky, is getting rave reviews and has garnered over 16K views as of today. You can join in the fun here.

---------------------------------

While 2020 has definitely not been a charmer in the real-world, on the bright-side this forum has never seen so much activity. From the new, eager faces to the consistent brainstorming, it's one bright note to take out of this year. With that...we also approach the end of the year, and look ahead to next.

Here's a sneak-peak at something to look forward to in the new year...

---------------------------------------
1571698387988-png.419487

Mickeynerd17

49543092-685d-401e-a7fc-6c4a64e9c509-jpeg.496593

Fall 2020

Welcome back to the Imagineer Forum Newsletter! With much going on around the forum, this will not only be a recap of some of the top events of the past few weeks, but offer a sneak peak at the road ahead.

1600065477844-png.497700

As the houseguests enter Week 9, we are down the final 6 contestants as one of the top players in the game @D Hulk was shockingly eliminated in the last round. Now the houseguests must design a 2nd park in the Blue Sky Disney Resort.

You can keep up with the brainstorming here, and listen to the most recent review postcast for Week 8 here.

enhance

While @D Hulk might have been vanquished from his chance of another competition title, his personal Disneyland 3rd park project, DisneySky, is getting rave reviews and has garnered over 16K views as of today. You can join in the fun here.

---------------------------------

While 2020 has definitely not been a charmer in the real-world, on the bright-side this forum has never seen so much activity. From the new, eager faces to the consistent brainstorming, it's one bright note to take out of this year. With that...we also approach the end of the year, and look ahead to next.

Here's a sneak-peak at something to look forward to in the new year...

---------------------------------------
1571698387988-png.419487

Sounds like my first Sorcerer's Apprentice Competition is right around the corner! Can't wait!!!

Disney Dad 3000

There may be a more recent calendar thread than this (and I feel like there is from maybe 2019 or so and it's labeled different), but I think it would be a good idea to bring back the Imagineering Calendar of sorts. Not that we need to have 9-10 competitions in a year again, but if there's the potential for the amount of consistent activity ahead we have now, and 3 or so major comps a year, think it would be helpful.

Seeing potential overlapping fall comp ideas pop up brought this top of mind. Just think it would be nice to have an official calendar back out there both for folks thinking of something to join during the year, but also any potential hosts of comps to get it officially on the books. I know I'd considered bringing GMR back one time or another, and something popped up I wasn't aware of that was also planned.

Imagineering Calendar

tcool123

There may be a more recent calendar thread than this (and I feel like there is from maybe 2019 or so and it's labeled different), but I think it would be a good idea to bring back the Imagineering Calendar of sorts. Not that we need to have 9-10 competitions in a year again, but if there's the potential for the amount of consistent activity ahead we have now, and 3 or so major comps a year, think it would be helpful.

Seeing potential overlapping fall comp ideas pop up brought this top of mind. Just think it would be nice to have an official calendar back out there both for folks thinking of something to join during the year, but also any potential hosts of comps to get it officially on the books. I know I'd considered bringing GMR back one time or another, and something popped up I wasn't aware of that was also planned.

Imagineering Calendar
I would be down on having a calendar return would make planning a lot easier for everyone as people would see when a fave comp of there’s is returning and allows for hosts to work together to plan.

Also that 10 competitions in a year was just a but too much in a year 🥴

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom