Imaginations contest question

romanarms

Original Poster
There are some questions i have regarding this awesome contest that are not answered in the site, i was hoping that one of you guys can help me, my questions are the following:

1- I live in Israel, and in Israel there is no such thing as college, only universities... can i enter with a university degree? can i even enter with a university outside the states?

2- do i have to enter during the studying or 1 year after graduating? or can i enter also 2 years after i graduated?

3- i have to be over 18 to enter, is there a certain age you have to be under it to enter? (meaning, like i have to be under 30 or something)

4- does my teamates has to be in the same university as me? do they have to be in the same country as me?

5- are there any other ways besides Imaginations to get interships for WDI?

6-How long does it usually tkes to disney to respond to a mail you sent them?

7-IS there any such thing (contests or interships) for universal creative?

8- where can i get information about past finalists and they're projects?

Thankes.

terp79

1. The word college is the same as university here in the states. The both mean an institute of higher eduction. Yes you can enter if you are attending a university outside the states.

2. You have to be in your 3rd or 4th yr of study at university to enter the contest or 1 yr after you have finished and completed your studies at university.

3. There is no age limit for the contest as long as you meet the other requirements.

4. Nope your teammates do not need to be at the same university or even the same country. You can form a team however you like just as long as the other teammates meet the rule and requirements of the contest.

5. Note: ImagiNations will not guarantee you an internship. And yes, there are other ways to try to get an internship with WDI.

6. Disney usually doesn't respond back to mail. They receive high volumes of letters and resumes and questions that they usually don't have time to write or e-mail back. Put it the way if Disney wants to contact you they will.

7. No Universal Creative does not have contests nor internships. Most people at Universal Creative are contract hires based on projects once those projects are done, they're out the door.

8. The best way to go about finding information about past finalists is doing a basic google search on them. I would just put in the search engine:

Imagineering ImagiNations Winner

j_dp456

If interested you can email them. I did and believe it or not they did send me an email back.

More Questions?
If you still have more questions, please contact an ImagiNations representative:
Phone: 818-544-3704 Fax: 818-544-4554 E-mail wdi.imaginations@disney.com
I don't know if its a generic email or someone actually wrote it. I doubt they write all their emails though, but dont let that stop you from contacting them.

romanarms

Original Poster
Thankes guys!!

Terp: You said there are other ways to get interships... what are does ways?

the second guy who replied which his name i dont remember: Is the phone number you gave is an international one? or just for the states?

terp79

That number is the California number for WDI. Most likely you will speak to a representative of WDI that works with the ImagiNations contest. They will be able to answer any questions you may have about the contest.

Other ways to get internships are:

1. Apply online if there's a posting for an internship at Disneycareers.com. Just check the imagineering section from time to time to see if there are any intern spots open.

2. Send your cover letter and resume to WDI with the attention to WDI College Recruitment and basically let them know in your Cover Letter that you're interested in up coming internships.

I will add that it is really hard to get an internship with WDI especially not being located in the states. I had a friend who was in ImagiNations with me and he was from Canada and basically they had a lot of issues with work visas and greencards. He was unable to take the internship because of that. Please don't let that discourage you.

Other than that unless you know someone already in WDI or attend a college/university that has established relationships with WDI there's really no other way to go about finding out or obtaining internships.

terp79

International number from Israel to California for WDI....
00 or 012 or 013 + 1 + 818 544 3704

This was taken from http://www.countrycallingcodes.com/
by placing Israel in the "Where are you calling from" and United States in the "Where are you calling to" section.

Another website states that you use 00. 00 is the international prefix used to dial somewhere outside of Israel. Then use 1, 1 is the international code used to dial to U.S.A. Then WDI's number 818 544 3704.
So basically 00 1 818 544 3704

If this still does not work then just e-mail WDI asking what the international number is or any other questions you may have.

A simple google search would of provided this information....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom