imagination kodak

SeaCastle

Some items have been removed from the post-show, but it appears Kodak is still there. MythBuster posted that the sponsorship deal with Kodak is not based on an attraction level, so pulling out of Imagination would mean pulling out of Muppet Vision, PhillarMagic, guidemaps, etc.

TheDisneyMagic

If the image works is going to stay the way it is, it needs a clean up. Ever since they changed the software on the picture post cards, they have never worked. More of the computees are broken than work, whether it be cracked screen, keyboard broken or if you get one without these problems it never actually works sending the photo home anyway.

twilight mitsuk

Original Poster
Some items have been removed from the post-show, but it appears Kodak is still there. MythBuster posted that the sponsorship deal with Kodak is not based on an attraction level, so pulling out of Imagination would mean pulling out of Muppet Vision, PhillarMagic, guidemaps, etc.

phillarmagic is not kodak sponsered

JimboJones123

Is it just me, or is Kodak getting worse public opinion out of their park presence than positive public opinion?

The boards, not only here, but other sites as well, erupt with hate for Kodak.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Is it just me, or is Kodak getting worse public opinion out of their park presence than positive public opinion?

The boards, not only here, but other sites as well, erupt with hate for Kodak.

I think Kodak in general is a disliked corporation. After spending several years dealing with them professionally at work I can totally understand why. However, they are still the most trusted and recognizable name when it comes to photos so they have staying power. There theme park presence is a tiny fraction of their overall business so they can handle the bad press.

As someone previously mentioned, their contract goes way beyond JII. To pull out would mean loosing the exclusivity of only their photo products being sold in the parks, no longer being on every park map, and no longer sponsoring other attractions on property. I don't think one attraction gone bad is enough to make them walk away from all the other potential marketing opportunities they have with Disney. :shrug:

mp2bill

If the image works is going to stay the way it is, it needs a clean up. Ever since they changed the software on the picture post cards, they have never worked. More of the computees are broken than work, whether it be cracked screen, keyboard broken or if you get one without these problems it never actually works sending the photo home anyway.

Yeah, I did not care for it when I was there last May.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Is the lost of kodak why captain EO came back, because kodak owns a part of hista or something?

If Kodak had pulled out I think we would know by now. Signs are still up all over the place with Kodak's name on it. I believe the return of EO was something that was planned for quite a while after the success of it in DL. I think EO returning was independent of whatever sponsorship discussions may or may not have been taking place.

SMRT-1

Kodak is out and a imageworks change is possible in the near future. Also, word is that EO will be out by the end of the year. JII also possible change hopefully!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom