Imagination Butterfly?

ABigBrassBand

Original Poster
Been wondering this for a while now--how do they make the butterfly in the cage disappear in Journey Into Your Imagination With Figment?

Thanks in advance!

s8film40

Very simple effect. There is a diagonal mirror in the middle of the cage and half of a butterfly is only on one side. The mirror reflects on one side the rest of the butterfly and reflects on the other side the rest of the empty cage.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Very simple effect. There is a diagonal mirror in the middle of the cage and half of a butterfly is only on one side. The mirror reflects on one side the rest of the butterfly and reflects on the other side the rest of the empty cage.
Not diagonal, straight through the middle of the cage. The swing the half butterfly swings on is split by the two-sided mirror.

Rob562

One thing I will say about Journey Into Your Imagination (or whatever the second version of the attraction was called) is that I think the usage of the butterfly effect was better.

In JIYI, you started out seeing the empty cage high up above the track on the left. As the car circled around the cage, the narration called your attention to something to the right, and then told you to "look again" and BOOM, all of a sudden the butterfly was there.

In the current version you're constantly looking right at the cage as you travel by, and you see the "wipe" as the butterfly disappears. In my mind, at least, it's easier to see how the effect is done now.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom