I'm too excited to sleep!

Mouselover1964

:sohappy: I leave for Disney in a week and I am so excited that I'm finding it very hard to sleep at night already. This will be my 3rd trip and my 1st trip with no kids. I fianally get to do what I want! Just wanted to know does this happen to others? Also wanted to thank everyone for the great tips.:wave:

ISTCrew20

Wow, that is the exact quote that little kid said in the WDW commercial that ran a couple of years ago.

Sounds like you need help from another commercial:The Serta Counting Sheep.

Upvote 0

wild01ride

ISTCrew20 said:
Wow, that is the exact quote that little kid said in the WDW commercial that ran a couple of years ago.

I'm not sure if it's regional or what, but that commercial has been on the air for a few months here - currently!
I was surprised when I saw it because I, too remember it from several years ago.

Nevertheless, I agree with the OP about not being able to sleep - I can sleep like a baby on Christmas Eve, but the night before leaving for WDW - not at all!

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Diztechie

Yes, my wife and I have the same reaction, and with NO KIDS, it's even better!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

You've got to be a kid yourself every once in a while. Have a good trip, and enjoy!!!:D

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

I see that commerical at least 4 or 5 times a week here in Philly. It's my favorite one.
And no, you're not the only one who can't sleep! Usually my mind starts racing with vacation thoughts while trying to fall asleep a month before my trip :)

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

I leave in a little over a week....I am falling aslep but I have dreams about Disney! :lol:

I think that is why that commercial is so cute and keeps running.....it fits how people feel about Disney~

Upvote 0

TLM323

That's so funny! I love that commercial too! My dh & I are always saying those words to each other ... so often in fact, that "we're too excited to sleep" can now make my teenagers :hurl: ! LOL! :D

I know EXACTLY how you are feeling! I too, am beside myself with excitement! :sohappy: Two Weeks from TODAY, I will be PACKING UP THE CAR for our 4AM DEPARTURE!!!!! WooHoo! :sohappy:

HAVE A WONDERFUL, EXCITING, AMAZINGLY AWESOME TRIP!!!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

kbusch

Love that commercial!!! :sohappy: It's just too darn cute!
I am totally the same way. The night before....heck who am I kidding....the entire week before we leave for a WDW vacation, I have a hard time sleeping and get butterflies in my stomach from all the excitement and anticipation. Have a GREAT time!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Kadee

kbusch said:
I am totally the same way. The night before....heck who am I kidding....the entire week before we leave for a WDW vacation, I have a hard time sleeping and get butterflies in my stomach from all the excitement and anticipation. Have a GREAT time!! :wave:

I'm the same way!!! That "anticipation" is the best, isn't it?!!!! I try to pass that last week by overplanning my packing.....you know....making several lists of things we need to take, things already packed, things that need to be packed, etc.... I try to find some way to pass the time.

Upvote 0

Kadee

kbusch said:

I'm the same way!!! That "anticipation" is the best, isn't it?!!!! I try to pass that last week by overplanning my packing.....you know....making several lists of things we need to take, things already packed, things that need to be packed, etc.... I try to find some way to pass the time.

Upvote 0

MomJackieLee

Right there with you!!!. We leave in 9 days and this morning my ultra-cool 13 yo son was dancing all over the house singing "9 more days till disney whoo, 9 more days till disney...". Quite a sight as we were both dancing. My hubby was looking at us like we were nuts, but of course he will be attending a conference anyway:wave:

Upvote 0

executivechef

I have 44 days 'til I get to go and if I start thinking about it even if having seen commercial,talking with someone,visit this site before bed...I toss and turn. Your not alone!...lol
I was on here the other night reading post because I couldn't sleep from thinking about our next trip.
And I agree, that little boy is so cute. I remember when mine were that age. Seems like yesterday. Now they are 18 and 15, and they act 8 and 5 when we're @ WDW....I pray they always keep the kid inside like my wife and I have. Grown-ups are just no fun!
Guy

Upvote 0

MomJackieLee

That commercial has been playing for the last month or so in our area (GA market)!!! The same one with the cute little boy. My son was about that age when they made the commercial. Now he's a teenager. I guess good commercials work over the long haul...

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

I like that commercial too, but not as much as the one with the husband and wife in bed and she complains that they don't talk anymore. The husband says, "I'm talking to you right now!". That line cracks me up every time. (Because my wife would probably punch me if I ever said it! :D ) And, of course, she means that he doesn't do the silly Donald voice for her anymore. That one's my favorite.

We leave for our Disney cruise on 4/16 and I actually dreamed last night that I was packing for the cruise. Going on a cruise and I dream about packing?!?!

Upvote 0

eroyee

cant sleep!

:lol: Thats so neat you mentioned not sleeping before the trip. That commercial has been playing here in Michigan,too lately. I love it. I drive my husband crazy at least a month before our trip by saying that every night....I'm too excited to sleep!!!:snore: Next magical trip in 9 months!!!:animwink:

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

The marketing person who came up with that commercial should be rewarded. It is one of the best commercials for Disney ever because it is so true and so straight to the point. It is especially cute when the Dad says he cannot sleep either. That so reminds me of our house I would say a full week before we leave. That commercial actually made me go online after it is over to start planning/pricing my next trip. I have not booked yet, but put packages together after I see that commercial. We are shooting for December 10th, but cannot decide among Poly, WL, or POR. I have never stayed at Poly, though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom