I'm just sick.....

CaptainJackNO

Original Poster
I am watching videos of the Adventurer's Club's last few nights and I am just sick that TDO closed the Adventurer's Club down. I loved that place. It was truly unique, much like many Disney attractions. Who else could and would have thought up such a wonderful place. I, like many of you, am holding out hope that they relocate this Disney gem in Animal Kingdom, or anywhere else on property, really. I love the Adventurer's Club. What a loss.

***the videos are on youtube, if you're interested.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I am watching videos of the Adventurer's Club's last few nights and I am just sick that TDO closed the Adventurer's Club down. I loved that place. It was truly unique, much like many Disney attractions. Who else could and would have thought up such a wonderful place. I, like many of you, am holding out hope that they relocate this Disney gem in Animal Kingdom, or anywhere else on property, really. I love the Adventurer's Club. What a loss.

there's two videos on youtube of the abandoned upstairs imageworks in the imagination pavilion! can't really see anything, but it's awesome! i mentioned them on a thread once, but if anyone here wants to see them before they're banned they're still there!

Erin_Akey

Just walked past there Monday and was telling my hubby how sad it was that it was closed. i wonder if it will ever return????:(

Magenta Panther

Well, at least you guys got to see it. I'd always skipped DTD during my visits to WDW, because I thought it was just one big shopping district. I'd never HEARD of the Adventurer's Club! And now it's gone...:(

MagicMegan

I spilled my drink in there once while they were doing one of the skits, and thought no one had noticed except a few people near me... until one of the puppits on the wall pointed and started yelling "oooooOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!" I was SOOO embarrassed.

trr1

how many times were you able to go to the AC before they closed?
me myself I was never there, I always wanted to go but no one wanted to go with me

CaptainJackNO

Original Poster
I was lucky enough to go on three occasions. I loved it. Check it out on youtube. As un as it appears on youtube, it was ten times more fun in person. I am really hoping it shows up again. I,, like many, really miss AC.:cry:

Cmdr_Crimson

It's sad most of the props where being shipped to the HKDL for the Adventurers Club *shudders* Restaurant for the new Mystic Point section.
It's the building on the right of Mystic Manor
Mystic-Point-01.jpg

parkgoer

It's been 2 years since the place closed.
Time to move on.

exactly. It's been 2 years and all of the building are still vacant. What a loss. People complain to me all the time how there is no night life at Disney anymore.

You would think in 2 years time they would take the time to remove the "PI" signs. Seems like the weren't making money so they closed the clubs, yet still advertise for them so the average guest things there's more to DTD than there really is.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Maybe Siemens will perform a little magic. Besides the poor work done to the Spaceship Earth ending no one can say they have not done wonders. The landscapes around Spaceship Earth are very nice looking and have a true up do date Epcot look, Spaceship Earth has a new post show, Illuminations hasn't managed to fall apart and if so things are repaired. As I have heard, they payed for the Wand Demolition, some of the funds went into repairs around the park, and the Fountain of Nations well missed light display has been restored. Im nit saying Santa is giving these funds but if they took over and the imagineers have their meads on right I bet they would make things right. I cant say they wont put screens on the carts and there was a better ride on both sides of the tracks but the ride was one thing out many great things housed in that building.

Cmdr_Crimson

Maybe Siemens will perform a little magic. Besides the poor work done to the Spaceship Earth ending no one can say they have not done wonders. The landscapes around Spaceship Earth are very nice looking and have a true up do date Epcot look, Spaceship Earth has a new post show, Illuminations hasn't managed to fall apart and if so things are repaired. As I have heard, they payed for the Wand Demolition, some of the funds went into repairs around the park, and the Fountain of Nations well missed light display has been restored. Im nit saying Santa is giving these funds but if they took over and the imagineers have their meads on right I bet they would make things right. I cant say they wont put screens on the carts and there was a better ride on both sides of the tracks but the ride was one thing out many great things housed in that building.

WHAT!?!?! Stay on topic..This isn't about the The wand, Illuminations, or Fountain....:brick:

CaptainJackNO

Original Poster
Horizons and JII were closed over a decade ago and quite a few people haven't moved on. How about you "move on" to another thread? :wave:
I am not moving on. You don't like it? Move onto the next thread. Adventurers Club was an amazing experience for many people. So, I hope we, somehow, get it back somewhere in WDW in the future. What they did with AC and PI was throw the baby out with the bath water. They could easily have rethemed the area that was PI and left Adventurers Club there since it did have a loyal following and packed people in. What is PI now? A ghost town. An empty, dull pathway to Cirque Du Soleil and Disneyquest. Quite an expensive pathway, huh?

dawnatdisney

The Adventure's Club was the most amazing place in the WHOLE WORLD,let alone Disney World.On my first visit I sat at the bar and didn't like to mention I had sunk down so low I didn't have to raise my glass just tip it!:ROFLOL:

tampabrad

AC was something I would have paid extra for if they had kept it around. It was so much fun. I would love to see it re-open at a resort or even in the same location. Bring some life back to PI.

Kongaloosh!!!

Mukta

I feel so fortunate that I was able to experience Pleasure Island when it was still great. I have visited the Adventurer's Club and the Comedy Warehouse Improv. I danced the night away at a few of the clubs too. As a childfree person, I loved that Disney was trying to appeal to my demographic. Why should every inch of WDW be for families/kids?
Late night at the Adventurer's Club was something unique and it is a shame it got closed down for nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom