I'm In Shock....

Jeff D

Originally posted by Kicker
Time Racers?....... hmmm.....

Where would this fit in? There isn't a time pavillion anywhere. Wait, you don't think it could just be a cheap thrill ride? A name like Time Racers implies, to me at least, a....... oh no.......... Epcot with a Dueling Dragons?!?!?! :eek:

I could, and hopefully am, be entirely wrong but the only fit for this ride currently is the Universe of Energy or Ellen's Energy Adventure, of whatever they call it now. IT basically a ride that takes place with dinosaurs using them to learn about fossil fuel. I am sure i'm wrong but at this point it's the only place I can see them putting it and hasn't it been a while since that attraction was updated.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Energy gets a new show, soon. Test Track gets a new show scene..

Gemini starts January apparently.

-Rob

3IAlienKid

I'm excited for all the new Epcot attractions, but...

is Pressler's leaving really such a great thing for us?

Eisner is the guy we should be worried about. After all, it's Eisner w/ the reigns. It's Eisner's vision for the parks to cut costs, quick fix, and make everything into retail. Pressler is just the guy who found new ways of implementing this vision. And Pressler, being trained in the arts of all of the above, was the likeliest one to do it.

Eisner's control over Disney is legendary in the business world today. I wish I were more optimistic, but I really think the company will just hire a replacement that is just like Pressler, or rather just like Eisner. In the unlikely event someone more like previous parks president Nunis is hired (or even someone more like Walt himself is hired), I'm afraid that as in the past, that person will eventually be forced out for opposing Eisner.

I've read in several places that Eisner's proposals at the now infamous board meeting earlier this week are that he wants to do yet more cost cutting to help turn around the company. And the board approved it w/ little opposition. Unfortunatly, that sounds like business as usual to me.

ezdancr

epcot rides

doesn't anyone think that more thrill rides in Epcot are going against the theme of Epcot which is that of discovery? New pavilions and new presentations such as those in Spaceship Earth, yes but THRILL RIDES??? Perhaps more thrill rides should have a home of their own: a seperate park called SpinKingdom. On another note: the Wilderness Lodge will be featured on the Travel Channel 1/7 12pm est; 10/8 4:30pm; 10/13 10:30pm
Have a Disney Day!:brick:

mickeyfanatics

I think EPCOT can afford a "thrill ride" if it is not done for the thrill aspect, but for the effect of discovery. That is the premise behind MS. Most thrill rides at Disney are proerly themed and with the exception of a few, allow all but the littlest Disney fans to ride. It could also be a combination ride/thrill like TOT

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom