I'm Going To Mary Poppins!!!!!

Legacy

Moby was a great show!

The critics savaged it, but those who saw it gave it standing ovations.

One of my buddies actually has a cast recording of it on cassette from opening night.

But here's a question... did they stand for the "show" or the "spectacle"? People gave Tarzan a standing ovation too, but in the end the show just isn't that good.

barnum42

One of my buddies actually has a cast recording of it on cassette from opening night.

But here's a question... did they stand for the "show" or the "spectacle"? People gave Tarzan a standing ovation too, but in the end the show just isn't that good.
The show was not a high-tech spectacle. It was set in the drained swimming pool of an all -girls boarding school. It was fun and amusing with undemanding music. How can you not like a show with a character called Trixie Shedbanger? :lol:

I have the CD of the show, which was not intended for retail. They plugged a recorder into the sound desk on one of the last shows of the run to create a memento for the cast and crew but it eventually got released in all it's raw glory.

Whether it works as just a recording I can't say, but it reminds me of a fun evening in the theatre.

Some piccies: http://www.mobydickthemusical.com/images/images_pages/images_3.htm

DLP Fan

Is Temper, Temper being replaced by another song? Or are they just gonna have a little talking bit? Just seems like an important song to cut out. Helps show Jane and Michael being bratty even after having a nice day out! I loved the show. Thought it was just fantastic! And Gavin Lee is superb as Bert. Is a good decision to take him to Broadway for it. Does a good cockney accent!

DisneySam

My best friend saw it in London a month ago, she said it was "AMAZING!!!!!!" and that it moved up in her Broadway top 10 and she has seen just about everything.

Have a great time!

meryll83

i saw it in london and i wasn't sure about some of the changes they have made. i know obviously they can't have animated penguins etc. but even so - temper temper must be pretty freaky for young children!

meryll83

huh - i just went back and read what you were saying about temper temper being cut, it was freaky, but i wouldn't have thought they would cut it altogether...

tink rules

Original Poster
It looks like there are SOME tickets still available for some dates (however limited...) I have a feeling that may change quickly once it opens this weekend and it gets all the press....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom