I'm From The UK And Want To Work At WDW.

Jordan Arundel

Original Poster
Hi, guys.

I'm currently living in the UK and my dream is to work as a Cast Member at Walt Disney World.

What I want to ask you guys here on the forum is for some advice on how I would go about applying for this. I would want to move to the U.S as a U.S citizen if I was offered a job here.

I've seen a lot of stuff online for UK applicants who want to apply for the International College Program to represent their country but what I want is just a regular permanent, preferably full- time Cast Member position at a park like The Magic Kingdom for example.

Specific things I'm wondering about is, if I were to apply and was offered an interview, would that mean travelling to the U.S for said interview, or would they hold the interview or interviews in the UK? But I'm happy to hear all the advice, if any, that you guys you could share on this!

Thanks in advance!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The international college program is the best route. It would be extremely unlikely that you would be recruited in the UK to work at WDW as an hourly cast member, as Disney would need to obtain immigration work permits for you. This is usually only done for very sought after employees in special cases as it is expensive and time consuming.

You could not for example fly to Orlando, get an interview at WDW, and work there. This would be against the terms of the Visa Waiver that you entered the USA with.

Other options would be to obtain a green card if you have a relative in the USA, become married to a US Citizen, or buy a business in the USA.

Jordan Arundel

Original Poster
The international college program is the best route. It would be extremely unlikely that you would be recruited in the UK to work at WDW as an hourly cast member, as Disney would need to obtain immigration work permits for you. This is usually only done for very sought after employees in special cases as it is expensive and time consuming.

You could not for example fly to Orlando, get an interview at WDW, and work there. This would be against the terms of the Visa Waiver that you entered the USA with.

Other options would be to obtain a green card if you have a relative in the USA, become married to a US Citizen, or buy a business in the USA.

Thank you very much for the info!

My problem with the ICP is that if I were to move out to Orlando, it would be with my partner who would also find herself a job there and I've read that you stay at halls of residence for the ICP, is this compulsory or can you live anywhere, as I obviously wouldn't be able to stay with my partner in the halls of residence.

Also, the ICP is a year long experience and I would like to work for the company permanently for a lot longer, can you go on to work as an hourly Cast Member after the ICP at all? And what if I wanted to apply for a citizenship for the U.S and then work at Disney? Would that be difficult?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thank you very much for the info!

My problem with the ICP is that if I were to move out to Orlando, it would be with my partner who would also find herself a job there and I've read that you stay at halls of residence for the ICP, is this compulsory or can you live anywhere, as I obviously wouldn't be able to stay with my partner in the halls of residence.

Also, the ICP is a year long experience and I would like to work for the company permanently for a lot longer, can you go on to work as an hourly Cast Member after the ICP at all? And what if I wanted to apply for a citizenship for the U.S and then work at Disney? Would that be difficult?
The problem you really have with all of this is US Immigration law, not so much Disney. It sounds like you basically want to be a permanent resident of the USA, and to work at Disney. I would say your biggest problem is actually getting into the USA with a mechanism that allows you to live and work there. Being hired by Disney is then a secondary problem. Although typically being hired as an hourly cast member is not usually a problem. Starting out in the ICP would certainly be a foot in the door, with both Disney and US Immigration. It is sometimes possible to adjust your immigration status after entering the US on a specific Visa type that you would obtain for the ICP.

I would suggest contacting a US Immigration lawyer who could advise you on your options and guide you through the process.

BenJacobs

Hi, guys.

I'm currently living in the UK and my dream is to work as a Cast Member at Walt Disney World.

What I want to ask you guys here on the forum is for some advice on how I would go about applying for this. I would want to move to the U.S as a U.S citizen if I was offered a job here.

I've seen a lot of stuff online for UK applicants who want to apply for the International College Program to represent their country but what I want is just a regular permanent, preferably full- time Cast Member position at a park like The Magic Kingdom for example.

Specific things I'm wondering about is, if I were to apply and was offered an interview, would that mean travelling to the U.S for said interview, or would they hold the interview or interviews in the UK? But I'm happy to hear all the advice, if any, that you guys you could share on this!

Thanks in advance!

It’s been nearly five years since you posted this, and I’m simply interested as to how it all played out, care to enlighten me?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It’s been nearly five years since you posted this, and I’m simply interested as to how it all played out, care to enlighten me?
I’ll enlighten you. The original poster has not returned to this site since July 25, 2013. (A simple click on the poster’s name and you would have saved yourself a post. 😉)

BenJacobs

I’ll enlighten you. The original poster has not returned to this site since July 25, 2013. (A simple click on the poster’s name and you would have saved yourself a post. 😉)

Ahh, that’s a shame, thanks though - I’ve never happened to click on a person’s name, didn’t know that you could see that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom