"I'm Engaged!!!" Crazygirley's Magic Engagement

I got engaged at the Magic Kingdom!!! Here's the story...

Wednesday, January 4th, 2006:

We woke up at All-Star Music at 7:30, just early enough to get ready and be on the bus to the Magic Kingdom for the Opening Ceremony by 8:00. We practically walked on to the bus, and were off. We had a really great bus driver there. As we approached the Magic Kingdom, he announced that there was a contest on his bus, and whoever saw Cinderella Castle first would be the winner. Of course it was me who saw it first, and I shouted out, "There it is!" the second I saw the top pop over the trees. I (like most of us) knew right where to look.

We arrived at MK, and waited in the front of the line near the ropes. I have never seen the Opening Ceremony before, and it was a real treat. It met my expectations and was a great way to start the day. When the rope dropped, we walked towards Main Street as the others ran. I was there with a First-Timer (boyfriends mom) and a Second-Timer (boyfriend) and we were in no hurry to see anything in particular.

We started our day with BF's mom getting breakfast on Main Street at the Main Street Bakery (BF and I had Milano cookies in the room for breakfast). After that, we were off to Adventureland. Our first stop was Pirates of the Caribbean. We walked right on, and from that point, "walking on" became the theme for the day. After PotC, we walked on Big Thunder Mountain, the Haunted Mansion, "it's a small world", and Mickey's PhilharMagic. By that time, we were hungry again, and ate (again, without waiting in line) at Cosmic Ray's. After lunch, we went on the Mad Tea Party (the only ride BF's mom was looking forward to riding). We walked around for a little while longer, and decided to go back to the resort for a nap, and hit the park later that night for SpectroMagic and Wishes.

Back at All-Star Music, BF and I were napping in our room when the Mousekeeper came knocking to clean the room. We quickly got up and headed to the pool to hang out while she cleaned our room. A while later, BF headed back to nap more, and I headed off to walk around and look at the new "value suite" room at ASMusic, and the Fantasia Pool rehab at ASMovies. When I got back, we freshened up, and headed back to the Magic Kingdom.

When we got back to the park, my BF started to act a little crabby. I figured he was either hungry or tired, and tried to ignore him and have a good time with the rest of my night. After hitting the stores on Main Street, we decided to get dinner. BF's mom and BF decided on hot dogs from Casey's Corner, and I decided on some popcorn and a Sprite. We split up and decided to meet back at a table outside of Casey's. I got my popcorn and pop and found BF's mom at the table minus BF. She said he was in the bathroom. He was gone for a while. Five minutes turned to ten minutes, and we were done eating and he still wasn't back. The only thing I could think was that he went to some bathroom far away, and that there was one right near the Crystal Palace, and I was mad that he didn't wait to ask me where the closest bathroom was. He returned coming from Main Street, and when I confronted him about the bathroom, I could tell that it wasn't the bathroom that he had been, and I knew he was up to something.

After we were done eating, we headed to Fantasyland to ride Cinderella's Golden Carrousel. The line was short, but BF was making a big deal about waiting in line. He was acting strange, and I was getting mad. He wanted to skip the rides and head to the hub and wait for SpectroMagic. I couldn't figure out what he had up his sleeve that was so important that we had to rush. None of us cared all that much about seeing Spectro, and Wishes was another two hours away, and Wishes was what we all wanted to see. We all agreed and walked to stand and wait for Spectro.

While we were waiting for Spectro, I went to go use the bathroom near Cosmic Ray's. When I got back, BF was gone again. BF's mom said he was somewhere taking pictures. I knew better. I knew he was up to something. Something that had to do with Wishes, but I had no idea what. He came back and told us how a CM chatted him up about his camera. I thought it sounded ridiculous, but listened, and came to the conclusion that whatever he was planning had something to do with pictures. I figured that he was having someone take really good pictures of Wishes for me. He knows how I love Wishes, and have framed pictures of Wishes that he took around my room.

After Spectro, BF insisted that we go to "this spot" that he found to watch Wishes. Nevermind that there was a prime spot in the middle of the hub to watch Wishes, we HAD to go stand in BF's spot. We stood there for a while, and I decided to run quick to the bathroom before the fireworks so I wouldn't have to go afterwards in case there was a line for the bus. BF started stressing out, telling me to hurry. I hurried for him, and noticed a CM and a tripod a few feet back from "our spot" when I returned from the bathroom. The only thing I could think was, "How embarrassing. He is having pictures of us taken during Wishes."

The show started, and I gazed at the sky, hoping Tinkerbell would make her flight that night. I was paying so much attention to the sky that I didn't notice my BF saying my name. Tink started her flight and I felt something tugging on my arm. I looked over, and there was BF down on one knee proposing...

DisneyPhotoImage44.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage38.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage33.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage25.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage19.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage20.jpg

It was like a dream come true. The whole time he was running off and disappearing, he was really working with CM's to find someone to take pictures. It was really amazing, and magical!!! I couldn't wait to share it with all of you!!!

DisneyPhotoImage8.jpg

bellanotte

Congratulations! You'll have such a great story to tell people. The pictures are really stunning. I just can't get over how romantic it is! :sohappy:

crazygirley

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for all of your congratulations!!! I am so excited!!! We had tentitive plans for a small July 2008 wedding at WDW at Sunset Pointe (and Mickey Premium bars with ribbons tied around them for desert!!!) I can't wait to start planning it all!!!

diddy_mouse

Big congrats to you!!! I was proposed to at the hub too (but not during Wishes) and we have pics of the whole thing as well.

Been married a little over 3 months now...

I hope you have the same happiness we have! :D

Mr Starky

Your Engagement

Congratulations to you both. 2005 was my wifes 40th birthday and our 10 year Wedding Anniversary. Since we hadn't been to WDW since our Honeymoon (my wife's first time and my 3rd). I decided to surprise her with a trip to Mouse country as a birthday/anniversary present. It was grand and my wife and I both love Wishes also. Blessings on your future. Keep the Kid alive inside and continue to have fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom