Illuminations: We Go On...my anthem

cherrynegra

Original Poster
I just want to put a "shout out" for the Illuminations score and the theme song "We Go On." When I saw it for the first time last month, holy moly did that song affect me. Sniff sniff. It got me right here.:cry: My friend and I quickly ran out and bought the soundtrack and played the song throughout our trip. And we annointed it our national anthem and whenever it played we'd put our hands over our hearts. Oh I'm just getting all misty now thinking about it.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
It IS magical! One of my favorites at EPCOT right now.

Behold the power of the song at Disney!! :)

It's a good tune! I wonder how good it would sound if Celine Dion sang it.

:)

Pixie Duster

I saw Illuminations for the second time in my life last year, they were very dear to me and that song had all three of crying (one being a guy :)).

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
It's a good tune! I wonder how good it would sound if Celine Dion sang it.

:)

You know, I originally thought it was Celine Dion until I paid more attention the second time I saw the show. Next time I plan on taking a lighter and lighting it up when the song plays.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by cherrynegra
You know, I originally thought it was Celine Dion until I paid more attention the second time I saw the show. Next time I plan on taking a lighter and lighting it up when the song plays.

I did that once and actually had about 50 people around me do it. I didn't do it this time for New Years, but, I hope you'll be at Epcot again when I do that. You'll know it's me. :)

"J"

raven

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
i think it would a great song to play at a graduation ceremony too! too bad i already gradumated.

The other version of it, Promise, would be great for a wedding!

"Promise you will take my hand as tomorrow comes, we'll go on.
We'll go on growing closer through the years. We'll go on through the good times and the tears. Ever on, another thousand circles 'round the sun. If two can be as one, we'll go on.

Promise, we'll walk side by side as a new day dawns, we'll go on. A new life has begun when two of us are one. And we live to keep the promise, we'll go on."

Doesn't Disney just make the perfect music for everything? :D

(all misty-eyed here as well)

PhotoDave219

Well, the fun part is when you find all the music and you put the entire show, preshow and the whatnot together.

First cd i put in to listen to on my new home theater system.... Gotta love that opening song, that israeli one.

BwanaBob

ALLRIGHT!!...

Thats enough!

I was doing just FINE 'till you had to say that!

*goosebumps*

*gettin' all emotional 'n stuff*

THANKS ALOT!

(#1 CD in car...Illuminations soundtrack!)

SnowWhite5669

My husband played that song at a wedding ceremony he did last year. The couple loved Disney so he asked if they wanted that song for the ceremony. He played it on a baby grand, very pretty and very emotional.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
My husband played that song at a wedding ceremony he did last year. The couple loved Disney so he asked if they wanted that song for the ceremony. He played it on a baby grand, very pretty and very emotional.

Were there fireworks at the wedding ceremony, too? ;)

I love the songs and they do get me misty-eyed as well, but you know what? Since Disney did away with the Tapestry Of Nations/Dreams parade, Illuminations isn't the same anymore. It used to be you went to the World Showcase to see TON/Dreams and then an hour later, Illuminations. It was a package deal for the perfect ending of the day.

raven

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
Were there fireworks at the wedding ceremony, too? ;)

I love the songs and they do get me misty-eyed as well, but you know what? Since Disney did away with the Tapestry Of Nations/Dreams parade, Illuminations isn't the same anymore. It used to be you went to the World Showcase to see TON/Dreams and then an hour later, Illuminations. It was a package deal for the perfect ending of the day.

They did away with the parade? I didn't know that. I loved that parade. Has it been 5 years already for that parade? That's the usual life of a Disney parade before a new one is implemented.

Pixie Duster

It ended with the 100 years celebration. The Tapestry of Nations parade was intended to just run through the Millenium celebration, due to it's popularity the kept and added to it a bit for the 100 years celebration.

raven

Originally posted by Pixie Duster
It ended with the 100 years celebration. The Tapestry of Nations parade was intended to just run through the Millenium celebration, due to it's popularity the kept and added to it a bit for the 100 years celebration.

So what now? is the parade being moved to another Disney property out of Florida? What about something new now? Any clues?

chrisjoi

Have to agree.. the tapestry of dreams parade was great. Maybe they can bring it back? My kids were in awe of the giant characters and the drums.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom