IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party

Webb

I've had no luck booking the dessert party in MK so I jumped on this! I figure booking now secures our place and if I'm not thrilled with the reviews I can cancel!

tecowdw

I did the party Saturday night. In summary, it was okay but I wouldn't do it again at the current price and setup.

You check in as early as 7:30 on the left side of the Worldshowcase mechandise building nearest Mexico. They give you a writsband. You then wait in a holding area behind that building until 7:45. The event then is on the right side of that building in front of the lagoon.

Once open you are free to help yourself to the drinks and desserts. The "sparkling wine" seemed to be champagne type items (I did not partake in those) which they pour for you.

There is a table with coffee, tea, lemonade and ice tea as self serve. Then there is a large table with the desserts.

The desserts are themed to some of the countries; baklava, French pudding, tiramisu, donught (not called that) and a spread of fruits such as pineapple, strawberries and melon. These are all served all night.

My complaint: no seating. They only had high top cocktail tables and not enough for everyone that was there. It was an hour and a half of standing. Not a big fan of that as there was LOTS of extra space to have had sit down tables.

So, glad I was able to try it and the view of Illuminations was excellent. However, the Magic Kingdom's dessert party is superior. The Epcot one would have been more better priced at around $25-$30 for what it was IMHO.

4401DisneyMom

Just curious if anyone else has done this event and what their thoughts are? Have this booked for our June trip but am really on the fence given the lackluster reviews.

horizons82

The main reason I have not tried this yet is because there is no seating. Not only is one usually tired after walking around the park for most of the day, but it is FAR nicer and more enjoyable to be able to sit down and enjoy the beverages and desserts and then Illuminations itself. Until they offer seating I don't see my wife and I doing this anytime in the near future.

As far as those having trouble making reservations, just a reminder that this is only available on select nights...which I believe are Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Some people (finger pointing at myself) didn't realize it was only on select nights and were baffled why they couldn't find a reservations months and months in advance for a Tuesday ;)

DisneyDebNJ

I honestly think we will sit this one out, for now. It seems to me, Wishes Dessert Party had more to offer, and at a cheaper price, AND you could sit down.

KLinder7

Went there on 3/28. Although the price is slightly high, I thought it was worth getting a great view of Illuminations and not have to be in a tight spot with a ton of people. The desserts were good, but don't think I had 50+ dollars worth. I'd say go for it if you can spare the extra money. I'll try to post some pictures too!

KLinder7

Just to add, there was a chance of rain so the desserts were in the Odyssey building so it was nice to sit down. As soon you were done, you could walk over to the viewing area which made the standing not bad.

KLinder7

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom