News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm still fuzzy on the whole "why" of two shows. Not a complaint, the sudden desire to refresh night shows is actually a nice change of pace for WDW.

What exactly from an infrastructure side of things is preventing them from transitioning from RoE into the new Illuminations 2.0. Is some of this infrastructure we are seeing for the interim show and now the final?

My understanding from what our insiders have said:

1. Epcot needs a New Show (to compete with SWL and take people away from MK) and because I:RoE infrastructure is on its last legs. And rather than rebuild I:RoE's infrastructure, we can draw more people in with a new show (which has IP).
  2. New Show requires a new huge infrastructure build (floating screens and all) which will take a few years.
  3. So, an interim show is planned until all the infrastructure is built.
  4. Maybe we don't need that interim show after all, we'll just rush the New Show ASAP!
  5. Oops! I:RoE's infrastructure is crumbling faster than we thought and can't wait for the New Show, even if rushed.
  6. Interim show is back on!

GlacierGlacier

I'm still fuzzy on the whole "why" of two shows. Not a complaint, the sudden desire to refresh night shows is actually a nice change of pace for WDW.

What exactly from an infrastructure side of things is preventing them from transitioning from RoE into the new Illuminations 2.0. Is some of this infrastructure we are seeing for the interim show and now the final?
As far as the infrastructure itself, we've seen the installation of the new pylons in the world showcase lagoon, the installation of utilities on islands in the lagoon, and the preparation for the new show equipment behind Africa.

RoE has the various barges that will need to be removed/dismantled, and even IF they had all the equipment built and installed for the next show, there's likely not enough space in the canal backstage to store both for a one-night transition like they do for normal fireworks shows.

Testing and etc. on the large scale of World Showcase Lagoon a la RoL is likely required too - so this provides some padding so testing can occur overnight while the temp show pacifies guests.

They could probably do a short turn-over (span of weeks to a few months) but it's not worth it to rush it like that. Especially when the temp show lasts less than a year, anyway.

BrianLo

As far as the infrastructure itself, we've seen the installation of the new pylons in the world showcase lagoon, the installation of utilities on islands in the lagoon, and the preparation for the new show equipment behind Africa.

RoE has the various barges that will need to be removed/dismantled, and even IF they had all the equipment built and installed for the next show, there's likely not enough space in the canal backstage to store both for a one-night transition like they do for normal fireworks shows.

Testing and etc. on the large scale of World Showcase Lagoon a la RoL is likely required too - so this provides some padding so testing can occur overnight while the temp show pacifies guests.

They could probably do a short turn-over (span of weeks to a few months) but it's not worth it to rush it like that. Especially when the temp show lasts less than a year, anyway.

Thanks, so the true limiting factor is actually barges. That makes more sense.

So the interim show is pretty much pyro and lasers with some new fountains. Jet skis being something that can be easily thrown into the lagoon for some added kinetics.

Father Robinson

All write ups about Epcot Forever indicate it will feature "classic", "nostalgic", "familiar".. Epcot music. I'm hoping there's a chance that will include part of the ROE music. After all, it has been the longest running nighttime spectacular and the one most familiar to today's younger audience. I'm sure us longtime fans will be satisfied with the musical selections they choose, but I know that show will exceed expectations if they include some ROE music.

Janir

Does anyone have a date when I:RoE will STOP showing? Hoping to catch it on our next trip one last time.
While the wife and I think its the weakest of the fireworks shows, it was the fireworks show for our wedding reception dessert party so it still has a special place. Be nice to see it once more before its gone for good.

trainplane3

Does anyone have a date when I:RoE will STOP showing? Hoping to catch it on our next trip one last time.
While the wife and I think its the weakest of the fireworks shows, it was the fireworks show for our wedding reception dessert party so it still has a special place. Be nice to see it once more before its gone for good.
All we've been hinted at is to look around the anniversary of RoE, so October 1 for the possible final showing or first showing of EF.

jrhwdw

IDK, Saw ROE last night on stream, Granted it was walking from Nemo to WS. ROE looks fine to me! Maybe Disney should cancel tonight's stream, EF, and 2020!!!!

Sorry! These DPB farewell streams always seem to happen on a bad day!

Franklin47disneyguy

IDK, Saw ROE last night on stream, Granted it was walking from Nemo to WS. ROE looks fine to me! Maybe Disney should cancel tonight's stream, EF, and 2020!!!!

Sorry! These DPB farewell streams always seem to happen on a bad day!

Well in summer '17 I was in Disneyland on night that had a DPB stream for F!, they streamed the first show. But the second show for which we had fp was canceled for technical difficulties.

DreamfinderGuy

So, I actually know a bit about the show now! Yay! Someone had previously mentioned recycling I:RoE music for the new show, and I'm sorry to say that it looks unlikely. It still seems like it's shaping up to be something cool as a stand in, but I've also heard that it's been struck by cuts too, which sucks. Look for something that's slightly more elaborate than the anniversary tags, but not IllumiNations by any means.

General Mayhem

All write ups about Epcot Forever indicate it will feature "classic", "nostalgic", "familiar".. Epcot music. I'm hoping there's a chance that will include part of the ROE music. After all, it has been the longest running nighttime spectacular and the one most familiar to today's younger audience. I'm sure us longtime fans will be satisfied with the musical selections they choose, but I know that show will exceed expectations if they include some ROE music.
Why? What's the point of a new show if your going to reuse elements of the previous one?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom