• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced in 2019

MickeyMinnieMom

Advertisement
The majority of Central Florida (myself included) was under a tornado warning for most of that day. I'd say that's a reasonable excuse for not having it at 100%
Yeah — we had to land in Tampa instead of MCO and drove from there to WDW! Of course, now that we’re home, the weather there is lovely... :-/

MansionButler84

Better question, is Epcot looking for sponsors??? Do these shows need sponsors? Is ROE suffering without one? We all know POE didn't have the best season.
Dare I say Disney can afford to pay for nighttime spectaculars. It doesn’t cost THAT much to fix a broken Anna or an Olaf with Dead Eyes.

I don’t know if Peace on Earth will be the tag next year, but there will be a tag starting in November and there will be a NYE countdown. The language in the park guide was meant to suggest that this was RoE’s last holiday season.

Coaster Lover

Wait.... what??!? Dear Disney, just because you play the songs from your animated film in different languages doesn't mean you have a show that properly embraces multiculturalism and the "one world" mentality that Epcot was/is supposed to embrace...

(On a side note... seriously... who thought the song "Go the Distance" would have so much sticking power in Disney night time shows?!? It's a great song, great message, don't get me wrong... I just get a little bummed that that song is the ONLY part of that movie that has a presence in the parks anymore)

Kamikaze

Wait.... what??!? Dear Disney, just because you play the songs from your animated film in different languages doesn't mean you have a show that properly embraces multiculturalism and the "one world" mentality that Epcot was/is supposed to embrace...

(On a side note... seriously... who thought the song "Go the Distance" would have so much sticking power in Disney night time shows?!? It's a great song, great message, don't get me wrong... I just get a little bummed that that song is the ONLY part of that movie that has a presence in the parks anymore)
1) You've seen a 1 minute clip of 'moments' from whatever they're working on. Far too early to make any sort of judgement like the one you're making

2) Go The Distance is also the only memorable part of the movie (to the public - don't bother replying pointing out how you can recite the whole thing), so it makes sense.

AJH219

1) You've seen a 1 minute clip of 'moments' from whatever they're working on. Far too early to make any sort of judgement like the one you're making
We do not need to see the entire show to know the story will be less than stellar compared to IllumiNations. It really is a shame they are wasting what looks to be a technologically stunning show on such a mediocre concept. I'm not sure why people like you keep trying in vain to defend Happily Ever Epcot. Ah well, that's the beauty of opinions...everyone has one sadly.

mikejs78

Premium Member
We do not need to see the entire show to know the story will be less than stellar compared to IllumiNations. It really is a shame they are wasting what looks to be a technologically stunning show on such a mediocre concept. I'm not sure why people like you keep trying in vain to defend Happily Ever Epcot. Ah well, that's the beauty of opinions...everyone has one sadly.
My inclination is not to like this - but one of the insiders (either @Magic Feather or @MansionButler84, I can't remember) stated that it will not simply be Happily Ever Epcot and will have a true global theme - so I'm willing to wait and see the show. It likely won't measure up to RoE in story and theme, but if it can be 75% of the story of RoE and be a major leap forward in tech, that will be a win in my book.

vj81995

The word France comes in too early. Originally it was not recorded and no one realised until it was too late. They had to dub it over.

I know far too much useless info.
Kinda like how the "Magical Moments Parade" intro narration is out of sync with the underscore compared to the previous Remember the Magic Parade ("the little lion cub who grows up to be king" not lining up with the Just Can't Wait to be King instrumental, etc)? That's something that's always stuck out to me.

Kamikaze

Yes, you should need to see the entire show before you judge it. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise. I'm also of the opinion that you shouldn't judge something until you see it in person as well, but thats just me.

Would you make a post saying how bad the Falcon ride looks based on the ~15 seconds of footage we've seen?

Top Bottom