IllumiNations Problem on Saturday night...

DisneyMedic

Original Poster
I was at EPCOT last night to see IllumiNations and noticed a few issues with the show. I have seen this show many times before and this is the first time I noticed a several Tech problems. Even before the show began the audio was very soft. It seemed the speakers were not all working. You could not hear the safty spiels at all. Once the show started the music was very low. The only speakers that were working were behind us. Normally you can hear the music very well. You coulnd not even hear the opening spiel before the blow out of the torches. Then after the earth globe came out for the celebration portion of the show something happend on one of the big barges to the right of the earth globe. One of the safty boats took off from the Dock over by Mexico and drove like heck past the front of the show and circled around canada over to the barge and the CM climbed on to the barge. he was there for less than 45secs and then retraced his path back to the dock. This put the show in a different mode, for saftey, as only the pyro on the left side of the globe was used. Also they did not fire off the pyro that is set around banks of the lagoon untill the very end. Normally they are sinced to the music in the middle of the show. I am aware of the different versitions of the show that they can go to on a moments notice but this is the first time I noticed an issue in person.

Was anyone there last night (Sat) as well. Anyone have a clue to what was going on? I was really upset about the audio. I always stand in the same place and it was very noticable.

disney2005

I saw something like what you have described when we were there on the 8th. One of the barge's lights weren't working. We were on the bridge near Mexico and the safety boat went speeding over to the barge. He was there for a short period of time and came back. The lights came on shortly after he left.

I noticed when the lights went out on the barge but my son and husband only did after I pointed it out.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sounds like the rehab for the globe may need to take in more than just that...

Wasn`t the proms sound system refitted in 1999? Worlds biggest digital PA or similar?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
After they had the accident with the charge blowing up during the middle of the afternoon, the inferno barge was pulled from the show for a while. I saw a version of the show where they were testing a new effect to sort of replace the inferno barge.

I guess it's a type of willow bark firework. It created a big cloud of smoke and long burning embers in the middle of the lagoon. It looked really cool - only it happened to set two of the small barges noticeably on fire.

The rescue boat came out, as you described, and they put the fires out and the show only had partial fireworks. It was odd to watch it stop the fireworks depending on where the rescue boat was (it had to goto opposing barges) while the show continue.

In the finale though, everything that didn't go off during the rest of the show seemingly was blown off, so it was much more colorful then usual.

basas

In August, our speakers went out 5 minutes before showtime and we had no audio. It REALLY takes away from the show when you can't hear any audio, and it is more than a little disappointing after holding a good spot for more than an hour. We stopped at guest relations to say we weren't happy.

goofyfan13

Also they did not fire off the pyro that is set around banks of the lagoon untill the very end. Normally they are sinced to the music in the middle of the show. I am aware of the different versitions of the show that they can go to on a moments notice but this is the first time I noticed an issue in person.

Was anyone there last night (Sat) as well. Anyone have a clue to what was going on? I was really upset about the audio. I always stand in the same place and it was very noticable.

I was there saturday night, where were you at watching the show, cause we were by Norway and our audio was fine. Walked all the way to Germany as well and no problems on that side of the lagoon. So maybe it was just a local problem? I noticed the boat go out there in the middle of the show, from where we were we couldn't see anything exciting out there. Also did you notice the globe stalling when it started moving? It just stayed over by AA for a while, then finaly picked up speed middle to halfway through the second movement.

But what pyro around the banks do you speak of? I didn't notice anything different with that, and I've been going at least twice a month since I came down here for school. If your talking about the torches I think I remember something happening around the middle, but I haven't seen it done in a while so I kind of forgot about it. If your talking about the perimeter shots fired, they come towards the end of the show.

juan

I saw the show on the 6th and noticed that there were problems with the barge near mexico and its lighting --- the boat rushed out and fixed it

As for the perimeter fireworks- they are turned off if there is any sort of wind
Out of the 200+ shows I've seen---probably 33% have had the perimeter charges off

And you'd be surprised how many no-fires they have each night
I saw the fourth of july preview and they went through the entire normal show before the 4th of july part with only the music, lasers, and fountains going (it's amazing how much of the lasers you miss with all of the explosions and smoke)
But during the show all of the charges were live and as the show progressed random charges that hadn't gone off in the 9pm public show went off
It was a bit weird seeing the show and with things like only 2 perimeter charges firing and a random big motar going off

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yes it does, I work with similar technolgy, and it seems that the more technologically advanced a system is the more it is prone to glitches caused by operator error.

Also know as an "ID-10-T" error !:lol:

goofyfan13

The audio sounds like a zoning issue then?

Thats what I would imagine, cause I have experienced the same thing before were I walked around and heard the pre-illuminations loop fine, and when the show started in one area it was really quiet. Maybe it's just a problem with some of the speakers that night?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is the prom audio still DACS controlled?

Or should that be SCU? I can never remember which....

I know it`s not MACS :D

Hang on.... it`s not ECS is it??

Or is it just playing play on the CD walkman in the office...? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom