illuminations leftovers?

wdwishes2005

Original Poster
During emh in may me and my friend were at epcot and about an hour after illuminations we were walking towards world showcase, and all of a sudden an explosion went off by the globe. It was really cool but does anyone have an idea why? or does that happen alot?

TheOneVader

Every night at about 10:30, they release the rest of the propane in the inferno barge, causing a really big fireball. I've never actually seen it, but I've heard it from the Boardwalk.

Pioneer Hall

I thought that the park had to be clear of all guests in order for them to release the propane. I heard that they were very strict about this policy...guess things change.

Mission: SPACE

This is a burnoff... it gets rid of all the excess propane and cleans out the pipes. We do this at LMA after every show as well, because, according to the techs, if they don't do this maintenance costs would soar.

boo52

Mission: SPACE said:
This is a burnoff... it gets rid of all the excess propane and cleans out the pipes. We do this at LMA after every show as well, because, according to the techs, if they don't do this maintenance costs would soar.
Well it's more of a saftey thing than anything. They do this at Epic too. It releases the pressure between the storage tank and the PLC valves.

WDWCP

Makes sense. Might as well burn off the excess under controlled circumstances instead of letting something build up and become uncontrolled...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom