Illuminations from pop century

maxe14

I havent personally stayed there. This is the resort we are staying at this summer when we go and I remember reading this on a few sites and in a couple of our planning books.

Upvote 0

brkgnews

You'll find it hard to see anything from in the room itself given tiny windows and such.

Step out on the fourth floor balcony of those buildings. My tip: go in the day and scout for a place where you can best see Spaceship Earth. Come back at night a bit before 9PM (you won't be the only one there, but it won't be too crowded). World showcase lagoon will be between you and spaceship earth, so you'll see a good bit of the show, but there will be kind of a boring lull in the middle because you can't see the floating globe. Just stick around for the whole show. Not as good as seeing it in the park, but very cool in an entirely different way.

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

You'll find it hard to see anything from in the room itself given tiny windows and such.

Step out on the fourth floor balcony of those buildings. My tip: go in the day and scout for a place where you can best see Spaceship Earth. Come back at night a bit before 9PM (you won't be the only one there, but it won't be too crowded). World showcase lagoon will be between you and spaceship earth, so you'll see a good bit of the show, but there will be kind of a boring lull in the middle because you can't see the floating globe. Just stick around for the whole show. Not as good as seeing it in the park, but very cool in an entirely different way.

Very true. I was on the fourth floor last month and could see the show. Just don't expect to get the same experience as you would in the park. Still, it is cool. :D

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

We saw Illuminations when we stayed in the 50's building, it was the building all the way to the back towards the parking lot but you can see the fireworks if you stand where the side bowling pin stairwell is. It was even great from the 3rd floor.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

The far bowling pin, adjacent to the parking lot, in the fourth floor, is the best viewing spot.
I have illuminations on my ipod, so I played it while watching.....kinda cool.

You can also see Fantasmic from the 60's buildings
And you can see the main entrance gate from the top floor of the 90's building.

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

While waiting for the bus to DTD we were able to see the fireworks from the bus stop waiting area. We couldn't see alot of them, but we did see some of the ones from over the buildings.

Upvote 0

JC03

We watched Illuminations and the "Peace on Earth" Christmas finale from POP in December, and we could even hear the music when it was very quiet (but just barely . . .). It's nothing like actually being there, but it was still cool to see the special finale two or three times.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom