Illuminations Boat Ride

Tramp

Talked to the wife today and we decided to definitely try the Illuminations boat ride this summer....lookin' forward to it!

Hey...today is D-day.....57 years ago....remember the guys that died on the beaches of Normandy!

Upvote 0

bobaloo000

Original Poster
Originally posted by Tramp
Talked to the wife today and we decided to definitely try the Illuminations boat ride this summer....lookin' forward to it!

At $120 I'm trying to decide if its worth it. I've already got reservations at Crown and Pub for the night we're going so I think I'll just stick with them.

If anyone has gone on the boat, what did you think?

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by bobaloo000

At $120 I'm trying to decide if its worth it. I've already got reservations at Crown and Pub for the night we're going so I think I'll just stick with them.

If anyone has gone on the boat, what did you think?

bobalooOOO....
are you sure it's $120...someone posted on the old board that it was $80. At some point, you have to draw a line and ask yourself if that amount of money can be better spent elsewhere.

I'd like to hear more from folks who have taken this boat ride. :confused:

Upvote 0

bobaloo000

Original Poster

bobalooOOO....
are you sure it's $120...someone posted on the old board that it was $80. At some point, you have to draw a line and ask yourself if that amount of money can be better spent elsewhere.

I'd like to hear more from folks who have taken this boat ride. :confused:

Yes, I'm sure. I called on Friday and they told me the boat can hold up to 12 people and it is $120. For sandwiche's and soft drinks add another $80.

Upvote 0

Maria

$120 for the whole boat, right? not per person.....
How many of you are going? Maybe you can find some people interested on sharing.... And $80 for sandwiches??? wow...

If it is per person, that I hope not, you must be crazy! I would stick to the Rose and Crown Pub and ask to be at the terrace!

Anyways..... have a great vacation! ;)

Upvote 0
M

Mr Lightbeer

Hi Tramp,

A word of warning , we know people who did the boat ride and said at some point they couldn't see for all the smoke.They said they could have done with some gas masks.However they also said it was a fantasmic experience.

Attachments

• minspringrmd1.gif
    minspringrmd1.gif
    22 KB · Views: 206
Upvote 0

Disney Maniac

My family and I have done the fireworks cruise twice now. Both times its been fantastic. We've never had a problem with smoke, and its great because your cast member will let the kids pilot the boat on the way back. Its real fun to do it for a birthday, the cakes are awesome and the cards are cool.

Trust me, the fireworks cruise is worth every penny.

Upvote 0

MrPromey

The issue with the smoke has a lot to do with what direction the wind is blowing and how hard it is. I've actually been hit with semi-hot ash standing on the bridge there between France and IG.

Upvote 0

Smee

Just did the boat ride. It was $120 for up to 12 people max. You get a tour around the Epcot resort basin then pull up under the WS bridge to watch the show. Our Captain was excellent and full of info and facts about the park.

It was a good experience, we got hit with some smoke but it was not bad. The view is great however I still believe the view from the R&C back patio is the best.

You can advance order food or a birthday party if you wish, obviously this costs more.

You leave from the Y&B marina, our captain dropped us off at the MGM dock so we could catch a bus back to our resort. Some boats may depart from boardwalk.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom