Illuminations and dinner

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If you want a perfect view of the show, I would suggest not trying to dine at the same time. But if you have seen the show before and are just wanting a firework and dinner combo, try for the Rose and Crown, Mexico, or the new Spice Road Table.

HouCuseChickie

Rose & Crown timing is tricky. We tried it on a night when Illuminations was at 9:30. We had a 7:45 ADR and the only reasons we were still dining when the show started up...1. we had numerous drinks and appetizers to drag things out 2. they were over 30 min late in seating us.

On top of that, we were seated inside and our server neglected to honor our requests (and her promises) to take us out to the viewing area. We ultimately ran out to watch from the empty tables on the patio (it was a very chilly night-normally those tables would be full). In the end, we decided it was too much of a hassle and much easier to just eat earlier and find a spot to watch along the WS afterwards.

Last edited:

jlsHouston

I've never had preferred viewing for Illuminations..After we did the Candelight Processional we were eligible for that seating, and I think you can now select a FP+ for it but, as far as dining at the Mexican restaurant or Rose & Crown and getting a good table for viewing, just never bothered with trying to time it and always heard it is hit or miss as to whether the restaurant will accommodate your request for a particular table or area.

My all time favorite way to watch it though is right next to the Yorkshire Fish QS place...

JillC LI

LOVED watching IllumiNations from Rose & Crown Pub during our late dinner there. So convenient and great view. It was a coldish winter night, and they had the plastic windows rolled down while we ate, but they rolled them up during the show so everyone could see clearly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom